D&D 5E [Full] Tall's PotA Campiagn

TallIan

Explorer
"I could turn into a giant octopus and carry you all across elsewhere down the river truly confusing our trail and hopefully lose them forever." Duran's face had a odd grin plastered on it possibly imagining a giant octopus carrying a group of people over a river.

I missed this initially and thought I would move it over here as I think it may warrant some discussion. I can't find much in the rulebook or online about swimming while dragging stuff but even with the over land dragging rule a giant octopus could pull 1275 pounds, so the restriction is more about numbers of people per trip.

I also found out that octopuses don't like swimming (preferring to crawl along the bottom) as the heart that supplies its organs stops beating while it swims and exhausts it pretty quickly. That is by the by as you have other options (giant crocodile).

There aren't many trees in the area that are large enough to use a float. Mostly the Sumber Hills have small trees and hardy bushes.

So I think that doing this is viable, but it will take a while as only Duran will be doing any work, and possibly some checks of some kind, but I'll have to think about it for a while.

Azurewraith

Explorer
I now have the image of a terrified person clinging to like the very tip of a octopuses head while it's on its tippy toes trying not to down them XD.

Yavathol

Explorer
"If we cross the bridge and there is an ambush, it will be on terms of their choosing. We know there are people behind us, so we would be trapped. Either I should go and scout before you all get on the bridge, or we all turn off and head to town on this side of the river. I don't think they will be expecting that and at some point we can either float across if we find a couple of trees, or we might find a local with a boat we could use.."

Yavathol

Explorer
"If we really want to fight, set an ambush before the bridge for the guys coming up behind us. Kill them and wear their clothes, then we get close to the enemy on the bridge and act like the escapes have disappeared!" he grinned.

Yavathol

Explorer
If it happens to be raining, or seems likely to do so soon, he can use this wood elf power to hide with no cover, just light obscurity! :-D

Remove ads