Fun ways to play a druid?

Velenne

Explorer
My group decided upon playtesting that the Shifter was a little busted. :/

Has anybody successfully played a straight druid into high levels?

Darklone

Velenne said:
My group decided upon playtesting that the Shifter was a little busted. :/

Has anybody successfully played a straight druid into high levels?
Check out Sepulchraves Storyhour about NWM.

Gallo22

First Post
I am currently running a Druid (9th) level that instead of summoning animals (and the norm!) from the list, I can summon the equal in the form of a vermin (rats, snakes, insects, dires of the same). I came up with a list of vermin/snakes for each of the summoning spells. They were the same CR as the choices in the spell descriptions. My DM approved them and now I have an unique Druid. I took the Vermin defiance and Vermin control feats from the Masters of the Wild book, as well as Improved Summoning. Its alot of fun. I go for the role-play aspect when it comes to making something different as opposed to finding the best class mixes, etc to make my character the most powerful. He's kind of a recluse, but nice and on occasion you will see an insect or two crawling amongst his clothes and equipment. They are for using the Giant Insect spell, hehe!! I also have a Dire Bat familiar, named NeverNight.

We just ran into some powerful Drow NPC at the climatic end of an adventure and right away 1/2 the party was down. I started summoning giant beeltes, bees, wasps, etc to bog down the bad guys and it was pure "insecty" fun. And all the things I summons were equals of the normal beasts you could summon.

I also got to use my control vermin when we were surprised by 3 hugh spiders. That was cool controling them. Until one of the party members decied to shoot arrows at them and did not realize I could loose my control of them if they were attacked. Luckly, this did not happen!

Anyway! Just my version of a druid.

Remove ads