Funny character names

BullMarkOne

First Post
Ed_Laprade said:
Danger Rangerette. I'm sure I'm not the only one who used that name. She got stoned at 2nd level while trying to help a prisoner escape from a dark cell. (It was a Medusa, of course.) 1E.

Slight tangent here, but back in the day, there was this Albany, NY morning radio show host who got picked up for DWI. He was given community service work, and ended up doing a slew of public service announcement type commercials as a goofy park ranger character named: "Ranger Danger" After those horrible horrible commercials I could never bring myself to use the name or something like it for a character.

Back on topic, in the same game as my pixie thief I mentioned a few posts above, one of the other players had a wizard named Worthy. The player couldn't produce a name for his character, so the DM just had npc's refer to him as "Worthy Mage" the other players picked up on it and just started calling the mage Worthy.

Going back even farther, my first fighter in good ol' basic d&d was named Blade, his "sidekick" (well from his pov) was a thief named Dagger, played by my brother.

One of these day's I plan on playing a 3.5e halfling fighter modeled after the old basic D&D halfling class, I shall call him Grognard.

Ed_Laprade

Adventurer
Mycanid said:
Or perhaps a human monk named Thelonius, eh? :)
Been done. Probably a lot. Forgot about my Fighter Spud Costigan. But I stole the name from Doc Smith. Conway "Spud" Costigan was a heroic character he used a couple of times in his Lensmen universe.

Nightchilde-2

First Post
My first character was an elf named Staffrider.

At the time, I what conclusion one might come to now was very much not a part of my mindset at the time.

..at least I didn't make his last name Saladtoss.

Marc_C

Solitary Role Playing
A player named his wizard Volcanus....

Another used UL every time his ranger died. UL the second, UL the third, etc.

One guy named is character Genesis since I really like the group. He didn't get extra XPs.

I named a sprite character: Sibiligit Tigilibis. You have to say it very fast with a hi pitched voice. Annoyed the party. Didn't survive very long.

Remove ads