• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

GAHH!! Time to take a break from 3.5

roguerouge

First Post
Kunimatyu said:
That's why my next campaign is E6 , and I'm excited about D&D again. Since you specifically mentioned not liking high-level play, I think it'd be right up your alley, IF you still want a tactical-combat fantasy RPG.

Yeah, I'm still not seeing why E6 rules wouldn't simply solve this issue for the OP without the adjustment, expense, and possible loss of players resulting from switching entire systems.

Also, perhaps it's time to let someone else DM your AofW campaign and you play a PC. 'Cause if my DM up and quit on me 2/3 of the way through a story, and I was left in the lurch, I'd lose a lot of trust.

Finally... I'm reading a lot of "I'm" and not much "we're," in OP. Perhaps you should think about whether you've been too selfless in your gaming and are now considering a move that might over-compensate for that tendency.

roguerouge said:
Yeah, I'm still not seeing why E6 rules wouldn't simply solve this issue for the OP without the adjustment, expense, and possible loss of players resulting from switching entire systems.

Also, perhaps it's time to let someone else DM your AofW campaign and you play a PC. 'Cause if my DM up and quit on me 2/3 of the way through a story, and I was left in the lurch, I'd lose a lot of trust.

Finally... I'm reading a lot of "I'm" and not much "we're," in OP. Perhaps you should think about whether you've been too selfless in your gaming and are now considering a move that might over-compensate for that tendency.
Thanks for the E6 suggestion. I don't know if I will ever use it, but it really sounds like an interesting idea...

Fenes

First Post
I use a heavily house-ruled (rare magic, less combat, no experience) Forgotten Realms campaign. Level 16 now, and since the party is small (2 players, some NPCs) and the PCs are melee, easier to handle. We don't use much healing either, using potions and such after a battle.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads