• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Game Console Switch

So in my basement I have a bunch of old game consoles (Atari 2600, Genesis+CD, PSX, PS2) and an old TV (like late 90's). What I'd like to do, in my geek-ery, is to somehow hook up all my consoles and run them to the TV and have it work on some kind of switch. Click to input 1 for PS2, input 2 for Genesis and so on. However, my google-fu is weak and I cannot seem to find a product that does this. Does anyone know of such a device? Would it be possible to make one by visiting my local friendly radio shack?

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
If you go to Amazon (for example) and search for 'video switch box' you'll get lots of different types of A/V splitters.

Orius

Legend
Radio Shack should have a selection of multi-device switches to do exactly what you're suggesting. You won't even have to make anything. Probably something along the lines of a box where you plug in multiple consoles and use a swich to select individual ones. Just go to their website and look through the catalog.

The tricky one though will probably be the Atari, since I think you need those really old switch boxes that screw onto the antenna leads on old (like 30+ years old) TVs.

Remove ads