GAME OF THRONES #10:Fire and Blood ACT 10 Chapter 1-2011--Season Ending

Fast Learner

First Post
The site hypothesizes that they changed the name due to potential viewer confusion between Osha and Asha, something that's more likely when you're hearing it instead of reading it.

Remus Lupin

Adventurer
But I don't even know if someone who would be confused by that would even be able to tell you Osha's name at this point. Has it even been said on the TV show?

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
But I don't even know if someone who would be confused by that would even be able to tell you Osha's name at this point. Has it even been said on the TV show?
That's a good question. I don't really remember it being said. All my non-bookreading friends (heh, that sounds funny) just call her "Scruffyhair".

Fast Learner

First Post
Nope, memory had failed me. I just gave the DVR a workout and went through all of her scenes and any nearby that might have mentioned her name: her name is never spoken in the first season.

Doesn't mean they won't want to use it in the second, mind you, as she has
a more important role then, and quite likely an even more important role in the book just coming out or the one after, wherever she is and whatever she's doing with Rickon.

dravot

First Post
As for the actress playing Brienne, I think she's about right. She's not stunning, but still perhaps too good looking for how Brienne is described in the books. I wonder what lay behind the decision to change Asha's name.

I'm pretty certain that the makeup department can do a good enough job of making the actress look like Brienne.

Remove ads