• Welcome to this new upgrade of the site. We are now on a totally different software platform. Many things will be different, and bugs are expected. Certain areas (like downloads and reviews) will take longer to import. As always, please use the Meta Forum for site queries or bug reports. Note that we (the mods and admins) are also learning the new software.
  • The RSS feed for the news page has changed. Use this link. The old one displays the forums, not the news.

GAME OF THRONES SEASON 8--Final Run-- Part 1

Truth Seeker

Explorer
Winterfell

The deception of two powerful families--kings and queens, knights and renegades, liars and honest men-- playing a deadly game for control of the Seven Kingdoms of Westeros, and to sit atop the Iron Throne

Dragons and throne.jpg<strike></strike>

Last edited:
Looking forward to the final season. It's the conclusion of a story that I first started reading back in 2000 or so.

This episode relied mostly on interpersonal interactions and moments, which was a nice breather from the ending of the last season.

Although, seeing the dragon special effects, I'm continually amazed. They're better than the dragons in many movies. Even ten years ago, I couldn't have imagined a fantasy TV series being this successful, this acclaimed. Yet, here we are, with Game of Thrones finishing up, and a prequel, Lord of the Rings, and Wheel of Time series in the offing, all hoping to pick up the torch.

lowkey13

Exterminate all rational thought
I watched the opener.

Good stuff.

Nice bit at the end- some good nightmare fuel imagery.

MarkB

Adventurer
I liked the new opening. I'm guessing it's going to be a lot more customised per episode this season. In particular, we can probably expect to see that tidal wave of dark tiles from the Breach proliferating ever further across the game-board.

Tonguez

Adventurer
is this the first time the intro map went underground too? that and the spinning tiles was a nice touch

and I did like the Little Bear still has a mean growl to her - Lady Lyanna for Queen in the North!

jonesy

Hero
[sblock]
Jaime: Umm, hi bran.
Bran: Could you push me?
Jaime: What?
Bran: The wheelchair. Push?
Jaime: The things I do for love.
Bran: What?
Jaime: What?
Samwell: Oh, hey guys! I can hold the door for you.
Bran: ...
Daenarys: Where are my dragons? No, seriously. They were just here.
Jaime: I don't believe you.
Daenarys: Fine. It was me all along. *removes Dany-mask to reveal Arya*
Bran: Hang on. Daenarys isn't dead. How did you get her face?
Arya: I don't know. How did Jaqen make a body with my face?
Samwell: A question to ask of the night.
Melisandre: The night is dark and...
Varys: Don't say it. Don't effin say it.
Aegon Targaryen: Didn't I banish you from the north?
Melisandre: You aren't a king at the moment.
Mr. Seaworth: Boo! *Melisandre vanishes in a puff of flame*
Mr. Seaworth: Nothing is literally better than a red priestess.
Arya: Nothing isn't better or worse than anything. Nothing is just nothing.
Jaime: You must be fun at parties.
Arya: I am. *Flings food at Jaime*
Mr. Seaworth: That must be liberating.
Sandor: It's not. Where's my chicken? Did you throw my chicken away?
Arya: Maybe it flew away? The little bird has wings does it not?
Sansa: What?
Sandor: What?
Samwell: Are you guys coming in or not? I've been holding this door for quite some time now.
Jaime: My apologies. *pushes Bran*[/sblock]

Advertisement