GAME OF THRONES SEASON 8--Final Run-- Part 6---THE END

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
I have read each of the books multiple times. Still can't say that I'm burning up at the thought of knowing what happens with Skahaz Shavepate.

On the other hand I really want to know about Lady Stoneheart, the Young Griff and some others. I also want to know about Jon Snow, Daenereys, Sansa(okay, not Sansa), Arya, and all of the other main characters. The show deviated so drastically, even before it went past the books, that nothing that has happened can be trusted when it comes to what is really supposed to happen to the characters.

Sadras

Legend
I think Grey Worm had enough sense to realise that murdering Jon would’ve had much more dire consequences than murdering some defenseless Lannister soldiers.

And yet his men drew their weapons on Davos and Snow when he tried to stop Grey Worm murdering the Lannister PoW's.
The character Grey Worm was a useless tool in the last episode and made no sense whatsoever.

Honestly, Young Griff I actively don't want to hear more about. The whole addition of that plot got my goat, as all I could see was one more thread that GRRM would have to struggle with.

Lady Stoneheart on the other hand has the potential to dramatically change the story. It's a massive revenge arc that I think readers have been waiting to see how it unspools; what happens to Jaime Lannister if Brienne, since Brienne is presumably leading him to her?

On the other hand I really want to know about Lady Stoneheart, the Young Griff and some others.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
Honestly, Young Griff I actively don't want to hear more about. The whole addition of that plot got my goat, as all I could see was one more thread that GRRM would have to struggle with.

I care, because he's Aegon. Cutting the Young Griff out of the show is what I believe caused them to make Jon into Aegon. I don't think he is Aegon in the books, and he may not even be Lyanna's child. The Young Griff storyline plays into Jon's story and how it differs from the show, so I'm interested to see where it goes.

Lady Stoneheart on the other hand has the potential to dramatically change the story. It's a massive revenge arc that I think readers have been waiting to see how it unspools; what happens to Jaime Lannister if Brienne, since Brienne is presumably leading him to her?

Yeah. So much is so very different in the books than in the show.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
Any chance Martin is going to publish the sixth book, now that the TV series is over?

I read a quote from Martin release earlier today that he was due to show up at a convention or something like one in July of 2020. He said that if he does not walk into the convention with a copy of the finished book, we could imprison him over a sea of sulfer or something like that until he finishes. So he seems to have given himself about another year to finish.

Numidius

Adventurer
[MENTION=23751]Maxperson[/MENTION], Cool! Glad to hear it.

On Aegon, I think it is going to be Jon even in the books, 'cause I guess the other claimant is going to die horribly before the ending :D

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases