• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gamer Love Life

RangerWickett said:
Me, I would love a relationship, but about six months ago I gave up on the rampant desire to find someone. I had to accept that my approach, however I was going about it, wasn't working, and none of the dozen or so women that I'd been attracted to had shown any interest back. So now I have a lot more female friends, but no date.
But I watch TV, see my friends, and heck, see my friends' D&D characters having loving relationships, and I feel just a little sad.

I'm groovy, though. I've got my writing, and people who let me borrow their dice...

This is exactly the way I feel on the subject. After seeing little interest from women that I have been attracted to, I've decided to let fate decide when that special someone shows up. I've always been the guy that every female sees as a friend..or a lot of the times someone to tell everything that is going on in their love life. I'm glad to try and help, but it is a depressing lot sometimes. I had this outlook since high school, which wasn't that bad of a thing. It kept me from having to worry about all the "he said..she said..he likes her, but doesn't want to tell her.." stuff, which was wonderful IMO.

dreaded_beast

First Post
Hida Bukkorosu said:
i want a chick who's:

• cute (appeals to my physical attraction tastes)
  • a gamer (i need to be able to share the thing that defines who i am with her)
  • a carnivore(when eating meals at home, i don't want to have to eat vegetarian stuff)
  • enthusiastic about physical intimacy and wants to engage in it as much as possible
  • not religious, preferably ex-religious (so she can understand and relate to my issues and experiences with religion)
  • shares my opinions regarding institutionalized education in case we have any kids

those are the absolute must haves for me to even consider becoming involved in an exclusive committed relationship with someone.

First find me a chick who actually refers to herself as a chick. :)

It's nice to have standards, but in my opinion, I think a person should take a look at themself before trying to find the "perfect" significant other. How well would one fit into a list someone else made for them? :)

I try to ask myself, "I know what I want, but am I what they want?"

Last edited:

Hida Bukkorosu

First Post
well, that's why i don't realistically expect that i ever will find someone. unless "empathic metamorphs" exist - or they invent bio-android women that you can order programmed to your specifications...

Last edited:

Dirigible

Explorer
well, that's why i don't realistically expect that i ever will find someone. unless "empathic metamorphs" exist - or they invent bio-android women that you can order programmed to your specifications...

And people dare to suggest that we gamers can be 'creepy'. Funny 'ole world, innit?

Buttercup

Princess of Florin
Hida Bukkorosu said:
...or they invent bio-android women that you can order programmed to your specifications...
Um, you do realize you're living up to (down to?) the stereotype of scary gamer guys by saying this, yes?

Buttercup said:
Um, you do realize you're living up to (down to?) the stereotype of scary gamer guys by saying this, yes?

I think most have thought on what it would be like to have androids that were programmed to be the "perfect" companion. It is just that gamers, being more imaginative and spending more time imagining, think on this more than non-gamers.

Personally, while it would probably be great, at least at the beginning. Eventually it would probably get old when the "perfect" companion agrees with everything you say, and likes everything you like..well you get the idea.

Uzumaki

First Post
Hida Bukkorosu said:

Chi?

Attachments

• chobits.jpg
    chobits.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 59

Remove ads