• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gamers Seeking Gamers Issues and Test

Do you have any problems accessing the Gamers Seeking Gamers application?

• Poll closed .

El Mahdi

Muad'Dib of the Anauroch
I'm posting this thread and poll in the General forum where it can get the most foot traffic. I'm afraid it wouldn't be seen by enough people if it was in Meta.

For a while now, some people (including yours truly) have been having a problem accessing the Gamers Seeking Gamers page (not the Gamers Seeking Gamers forum, but the link at the top of the page...the one with the Map that shows fellow ENWorld gamers locations compared to yours).

Those having problems with this usually just get a page that continuously loads (and never comes up), or eventually displays a "500: Internal Server Error" message.

I'm attaching a poll to this thread to determine how many people are having this problem. Hopefully, some commonality may be found among those who can't access it, and possibly help track down and fix this problem.

Just click on the Gamers Seeking Gamers link at the very top of the page, and then report back (by clicking your result on the poll) whether it worked or not. Any other information that you come across that you feel may help narrow this down, go ahead and include it in a post on this thread or the thread in the Meta forum ( http://www.enworld.org/forum/meta/305300-gamers-seeking-gamers-500-internal-server-error.html ).

To give an idea of some of the things tried so far, I've tried clearing cookies, checking my internet settings, using a different computer (I've use my laptop, my wife's laptop, my iPad, my wife's iPad, and our home PC...my account can't access it on any device, but my wife's account can from all the same devices), and I've tried logging out and logging back in. If I log out and stay log out (just read as a guest), I can access it just fine...of course though I can't actually do anything but look in that instance. You need to be logged in to leave messages and communicate with other gamers.

Thank you for everybodies help on this.B-)

renau1g

First Post
It does work for my Chrome Browser (21.0.1180.89 m) & with IE8 (work required browser) when I'm logged in, but it took around 5+ minutes to load. When I'm not logged in it works much faster, like you noted.

Maybe there's some issues with your account, like some interference from the Silver subscriber thing (probably not, I'm just spitballing), wish I could be more help.

I just looked at the other thread, you're in the SE USA right? The [MENTION=6675497]WarEagleWhoDat[/MENTION] looks like they are in the SE US as well.

Last edited:

Theo R Cwithin

I cast "Baconstorm!"
I've tried now and then, and it's never worked for me that I can recall. Using different browsers on Mac OS 10.6, results are....

Chrome: long wait, fails to load: Error 500
Firefox: long wait, fails to load
Opera: long wait, fails to load: "Remote server not found".
Safari: long wait, fails to load

If I'm logged out, I can see the GSG intro screen asking me to register, but no way to actually interact with it in any way.

(I'm in west Texas, if it matters).

Its a little slow, but it works for me.

If it matters, I have never entered data in the system. Could it be that if you enter the wrong combination of data that it crashes the system?

I believe there was an error in the Conquest system that resulted in a similar error if you amassed too much stuff. There's a thread on it here: http://www.enworld.org/forum/conquest-discussion/311457-unable-reach-settlement-overview.html It looks like that problem could be worked around by intentionally lowering a few numbers, but that may not be possible once you have entered data in the GSG screen. This may also be a complete red herring.

Gilladian

Adventurer
I'm on a mac, using Firefox and the latest OS. I've never had a problem accessing the Gamers seeking Gamers boards. I'm in Central Texas, if that matters.

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
I can get to the enter-your-information page just fine; I don't want to go any further because it'd just be false advertising as I'm not actually seeking any more players right now. :)

Lanefan

Smoss

First Post
I had the problem where it did not work at all. Then I had a SERIOUS computer problem and I had to install windows fresh (All settings clean). Now it works perfectly. So there was some setting somewhere that over the years I had switched I assume.

It also fixed my problem with a lot of flash stuff that requires you to watch ads (Newgrounds, hulu, etc) where I could not connect. I suspect I may have had something in my hosts file that was causing all the problems. Now I just use what spybot S&D puts in my hosts to help keep me safe...

But I could be wrong. YMMV, etc...
Smoss

Check out my story hour portal!

Remove ads