• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gaming duration

aramis erak

Legend
How often does your group meet (weekly, every two weeks, every third Tuesday that falls on an odd date in a month with an 'a', whatever)

and

How long do you game each session?

My group meets weekly (F2F), usually cancelling only one or two sessions a year unless the holidays fall wrong.

Our schedule is 6pm-10pm, but generally we run over a bit, sometimes up to an hour.
Weekly. Group A meets at 1800, runs to 2200, actual start of play varies from 1800 to 1930.

Group B I log in to voice at 1800, game usually starts at 1930, runs to 0100. (note that my players are one hour earlier.) Players and I chat until either people show, or half the players have attacks of real life.

Ulfgeir

Hero
We play over the net at the moment, every other Friday from 18:30 to 22(ish. Used to be 23.), and the Sunday on the same weekends from 13:00 to 21:00 with about 1-1.5 hour foodbreak in it.

Dragonsbane

Proud Grognard
Saturday mornings 3 hours for main DnD group with 4 players, 3 hours one weeknight with a single player Cypher System Sfi-fi/Superhero game.

Marc_C

Solitary Role Playing
Friday, every second week, from 19:00 to 22:00. We sometimes go over until 22:30. Usually if a level up occurs.

Other times I end the session a bit early because the next encounter is a big one and I call tell we are too tired to do a good job on both sides of the GM screen.

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
My main group meets remotely (for now - we got three sessions in F2F before the pandemic) about once a month, but try to schedule a second session a month when there are five Saturdays - and that's because we play on Saturdays from 2 pm to 7pm.

This has been the same basic time I've run D&D on and off for 20 years (though it used to be every two weeks) - though I prefer starting at noon or 11 and playing til 5.

My secondary group meets once a month or less (remotely) on a Friday night from 7 to 11 pm (which we only do that late because one player is on Pacific time and I'm in eastern).

EDIT to add: My main group has been playing for nearly a year and we haven't missed a session yet (and everyone has made every session except for one player who joined us with our second)

embee

Lawyer by day. Rules lawyer by night.
How often does your group meet (weekly, every two weeks, every third Tuesday that falls on an odd date in a month with an 'a', whatever)

and

How long do you game each session?

My group meets weekly (F2F), usually cancelling only one or two sessions a year unless the holidays fall wrong.

Our schedule is 6pm-10pm, but generally we run over a bit, sometimes up to an hour.
Weekly online.

We all have small children. So, every Saturday night from 930 to about midnight. Occasionally 30 minutes over.

Hastati

Explorer
When I DM we play once a week for about 4 hours. It’s online and 4 hours is the most I can take of that. For in person games I’m happy to go up to 6 hours.

ccs

41st lv DM
Current game runs every Thur, 6pm-10pm.
Depending upon vacations, holidays, etc (even pandemics!) we generally get 40-45 sessions/year.

About 5-6 cancelled sessions each year are accounted for from three sources:
•Holidays - we always lose a few sessions to these, especially Halloween/Nov/Dec. Either as direct meteor stikes to the calander, or as collateral to overtime/shifting work schedules, family stuff, etc.

•GenCon - is this a vacation? A holiday? Sometimes work?? Whatever you count it as its a set date on the calander when I (the DM), & sometimes a few others, are several hundred miles away....:)

•The host being on vacation in the summer. Exact date varies, but like GenCon its a known down week.
Sure, the rest of us could relocate for a session. But that's more effort than its worth.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads