Gaming w/Jemal: Mutant Apocalypse Issue 2: Vegas!

Jemal

Adventurer
OOC:
Sorry, thought I'd posted an update to this.. Not sure what happened to it, but I do remember writing... ><

The majority of the group meets up back at the lab before heading back out. Unfortunately there's only the one entrance/exit, so they'll be going out the way they came in.
Considering the fuss Uomo is about to cause, they decide to forgo the stealth and clear a path for his and Material Girls exit. The powerful mutants readily blow through the guards they come across, though between Felix's weight distracting Enoch, and the general strain of the day, they miss a guard who manages to get in a lucky shot, injuring Grid.
Shadow quickly grabs their injured colleague, throwing him over her OTHER shoulder and carrying both the unconscious men, barely slowing as the rest disable the remaining guards. They arrive at the staircase going up as sirens go off and Uomo radios that the job is done, asking why Grid hasn't silenced the alarm.

While Uomo and Material Girl rush through the hallways, Frost freeze the solid and locked doors and Cass blasts them open. They wait a couple moments to be reunited before heading up together with their spoils. The guards upstairs are much less experienced, and don't even get a shot off as the crowd bursts out and tosses them aside. Bursting out into an alley, they hear the sirens in the distance - apparently someone DID end up calling the authorities - you recognize Fire, Police, and ambulance sirens only a couple minutes away.

OOC:
I know you guys could've possibly gotten out without a scratch, but it's less dramatic, and Grid will be leaving the party - I'm not killing him, just giving some motivation for the character to take some time off until such time as JKason (Hopefully) returns.
Also, will be posting some stuff OOC. Please check the OOC thread for news in the near future.

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Alright..." Uomo gasps, catching his breath. "That could have gone better, and..." he gasps again "Worst also, so I say good overall." he finishes. "We need to get out here presto, lets get to the hotel, take whatever we left there and pull out in the van. We can drive in the desert and arrange a plane or chopper to pick us up there." the immortal spy says, making a run towards the hotel.

Walking Dad

First Post
Frost

"Me? Into the desert? Are you kidding me?" Frost says, but doesn't argue the point. He just hopes for an air condition and that they take enough water with them.

[sblock=OOC]

----

Frost

HP 2

conditions: fine

defenses:
DODGE 7
PARRY 7
FORTITUDE 9
TOUGHNESS 13 (13 Impervious)
WILL 8

Immunity (poison, disease, crit, suffocation, cold)

[/sblock]

Jemal

Adventurer
The group makes their way back to the hotel, managing to avoid attention, with Enoch -while somewhat distracted - managing to hide Grid and the still unconscious 'living bomb' so people don't remember a large group hustling a couple seemingly injured men through the streets.
Arriving at the hotel several minutes later, they Lay him down and look over the wound - none of them have any medical training, but Uomo's seen enough wounds to be able to identify that the bullet went all the way through, and conclude that with some bandaging he'll be fine - though probably not very active for a while. They quickly wrap the wound while others pack up and they get ready to check out.
The Arab bomb is stirring more, and will likely be awake before they leave the hotel.
OOC:
Is Uomo translating for the german Pyro (Michelle)'s benefit? From what you've been able to tell so far she can understand English with some degree of effort, but not very well. Also does Uomo plan on contacting Claudia before/during/after your exit from Vegas?
How's Felix doing?
Looked over all the sheets, nobody has any skills in Treatment, but Uomo has Jack of all trades for a +4 check. I'll say that's enough to put Grid back together with some help once they're in the hotel. May need to burn some sheets & Towels though.

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
Uomo translates to Michelle enough for her to not feel excluded, but not enough for her to acutely understand what's going on. He turns at her for a moment. "Your comrade is about to wake up dear, do you think you can keep him at bay? Sedation is not very pleasant, nor is to be knocked unconscious, but I will resort to that kind of devices to keep him from detonating." Uomo tells her, faking his Russian accent in german.
Uomo's thoughts drift to Claudia for a moment, the voluptuous exotic dancer. He wished to tell her everything went as planned, but with Grid out, he couldn't risk a phone call. He hand another idea though. As the rest finished packing, Uomo picks up the phone, and calls a flower house, and orders flowers for her with a card: "Everything went as sweet as you. I'll call."
Secretive. Uomo loves secretive. He chuckled to himself for a work well done.

Jemal

Adventurer
"Don't worry, his fuse is longer than mine.. usually." Michelle smirks at Uomo and turns to greet her arabic friend so he doesn't awaken amidst strangers.

OOC:
Nice move with the flowers.

Shayuri

First Post
Cassandra looks back from where she's gazing out the sliding glass door onto the balcony.

"So...this wound up being a bit more than we bargained for," she says to Uomo, her reporter's talent for understatement surfacing once again. "What the hell do we do now? I'm not a big fan of turning over bioweapons to militant groups...but they're going to expect some kind of results."

Voda Vosa

First Post
Uomo seems frozen in solid for a moment. He looks between Cassandra and the german chick, checking if she overheard her.
<assuming she didn't as she was busy with nukehead boy>
He relaxes, and approaches Casandra, warping an arm around her shoulders, pointing her at the glass door. "Its easy, we destroyed it all, planted a bomb and blew the nefarious..." he takes a vial out of his trenchcoat "...seemingly harmless liquid to dust." and he pockets it again. "We'll deliver them too, they both owe us their lives, we can use that; even more if we don't tell them anything." he points at Michelle and the arabian man. "All in all, we obliterated their weapons, rescued their agents and no one knows what the hell happened. I think that's results, e vero?."

Zerith

First Post
Once at the hotel room, Felix either woke up, or stop trying to nap and gingerly got off Enoch’s shoulders… he was not supposed to be feeling this bad… much less for this long; he felt like he was going to die, if asked he would say he knew it.
He landed and stumbled a bit before trotting off to the bathroom, he had left his backpack there and took his sweet time. “The German Chick” may or may not have found it odd that the cat not only went into the bathroom, but also closed the door behind itself…. Before locking the door…
Felix went into the room on four legs and came out on two, he also had the complementary box of tissue paper in one hand and a readied, but unused, one in the other.
Felix had taken back to his hybrid form, but was notably hunched over, the transformation apparently either had not finished, or he could not be bothered to take a proper poster

Further, he was visibly tired, he was downtrodden, still scraped up, and he looked utterly malnourished. If it was not for his short stature, Felix might have been a frightening sight with his sunken eyes; instead he was simply a bit bizarre. Moving through the hotel room, Felix waddled into the kitchen, put the single tissue down, still holding the box, opened the fridge and proceeded to grab the carton of… Low fat, Soy, Milk. “...warum...“ Felix grumbled as he popped it open before guzzling it down, ravenously: if he had not known better, he would have sworn it was whole milk just then.
[OoC: Warum, German for “why”, I think :p]

He had nearly finished it, taking a brief pause to breath and let out a satisfied, sighing “Ahhh…” before the tell tail singes of a sneeze appeared: he then proceeded to jerk with a hop as he sneezed. The opened container managed to withhold its contents before he started to take short, sharp breaths again; he was very confused by this and he scrambled to put the carton down before drawing a new tissue from the box and sneezing into it. He looked around with anxiety… it was obvious he had no clue what had just, was just happening; the only time he sneezed, was because something made me do so, but this seemed utterly random to him.

Remove ads