Gaming w/Jemal: Mutant Apocalypse Issue 2: Vegas!

Voidrazor

First Post
Enoch keeps looking from Grid to Felix to the living bomb guy with an uneasy expression deepening on his face. "So spy stuff isn't exactly in my wheelhouse, but with a couple of us hurt and fallout boy ready to really light up the Vegas strip ... um, shouldn't we be heading for the secret hideout or something, rather than hanging out in a hotel room?"

Jemal

Adventurer
OOC: Will you be staying at the Hotel for a bit or getting out of Vegas ASAP? If leaving, how and where to?
Grid's stabilized but should see someone with actual training.
Obviously you can't take a plane safely with Grid shot and dragging a wanted terrorist with you. If Enoch's Pushing failed at the wrong time you'd be in hot water..

Walking Dad

First Post
OOC: What are the recovery rules in this game? They are obviously changed from the standard rules. Or is the Grid situation some kind of situation based complication. I, for example, didn't bother with taking a healing skill because of the comic nature of wounds in the core rules.

Jemal

Adventurer
OOC: It's situational b/c the player is currently out. Usually wounds are not serious, but this one is a 'serious' wound not using the standard damage or recovery rules.

Shayuri

First Post
Uomo seems frozen in solid for a moment. He looks between Cassandra and the german chick, checking if she overheard her.
<assuming she didn't as she was busy with nukehead boy>
He relaxes, and approaches Casandra, warping an arm around her shoulders, pointing her at the glass door. "Its easy, we destroyed it all, planted a bomb and blew the nefarious..." he takes a vial out of his trenchcoat "...seemingly harmless liquid to dust." and he pockets it again. "We'll deliver them too, they both owe us their lives, we can use that; even more if we don't tell them anything." he points at Michelle and the arabian man. "All in all, we obliterated their weapons, rescued their agents and no one knows what the hell happened. I think that's results, e vero?."

Cassandra nods, still clearly ill at ease. "Yeah, I guess so. Not exactly what they asked for, but...no plan survives meeting the enemy...contact...or whatever."

She shakes her head and shrugs out of Uomo's good-natured arm-wrap to turn and look at him. More quietly she adds, "We might want to ask if they want to go back. They were pretty much left out to dry after all."

Jemal

Adventurer
After patching up Grid and waiting for Michelle to explain the situation to her companion (Who, as it turns out, is somewhat of a Linguist himself), the crew cleans up their mess and hops into the van, heading out of town. By the time they are on the highway, the radio is informing them of a mutant terrorist attack on Mercury Labs.

"The head scientist of local Pharmecuticals research facility Mercury Labs, Doctor Noah White, has stated that millions of dollars of damage have been done, and that the terrorists may have gotten away with dangerous viruses that were being used for vaccine and treatment research, as well as destroying a years worth of work. There are currently no leads on the terrorists, but the FBI and Homeland Security have been called in.
In International Meta-human news, a Chinese task force this morning rescued a young girl who was kidnapped three days ago. Armed with a newly unclassified 'energy weapon' designed to 'fight the growing threat of advanced Meta-human aggression', the highly trained team was able to take out the girls super-powered captor, though not without casualties.
The National People's Congress is set to hear proposals for legislation to enable law enforcement to better ensure the safety of the Chinese people."

The drive from Vegas to the cabin in the mountains will be 16 hours, if there are no detours.

OOC: Alright since nothing else seems to be going on, I'm going to skip to the 'drive the hell outta dodge' plan. You're currently on the road, are there any plans before going to meet Phoenix again?
Also, yes it does seem like kind of a crappy outcome, but that was kinda the point of this chapter - no matter what you did, something bad was likely to happen. China may have been pushed one step further from good mutant relations, but you've dealt a substantial blow to Lyon's genocide plans.

Voda Vosa

First Post
Before in the Hotel room:

Uomo raises his populated eyebrows. "You are correct, at least at some extent. They did send us in there too, probably not expecting much. However, I reckon that if their desire is to quit, they'll let me know. Let's hope to get away from here quick enough, come, lets go..."

On the road, on the road, on the road again, here we go...

Uomo was driving of course, although he didn't plan to drive all the 16 hours straight to that forsaken cabin. He also didn't plan to take a plane, that will just be suicidal. Probably the airports have been delivered with pictures of Michelle's and ... "What was your name again comrade? My memory is feeble." Uomo turns on his seat, keeping one hand on the wheel, to look back at the Arabian man, with a smile on his bearded face. The van drifts towards the edge of the road, and Frost's pull of his trenchcoat is the only thing that gets Uomo's attention back on driving and getting the van from crashing on the road side. "Nice catch Frosty, HA!"
<Reply Arabian man?>
"So, friends: we'll have a nice family trip today, we are about 15 hours from our destination. Although I do need to stop by to get some stuff, and try to find a plane, so we are going to take a detour. I hope your seats are comfortable enough comrades." Uomo says, merrily as always. Keeping the spirit up was always good in tense situations. "You are both Germans, dha?" Uomo looks between Michele and Felix. "Dha?" Uomo's attempt to generate cheap chat is interrupted by the radio news.
"Uh terrorists." Uomo says, raising and lowering his eyebrows, as the news of China were voiced. He sends a furtive look towards Shadow, "See, most things ended fine, except the Chinese comrades now hate us too."

jkason

First Post
Terry Quinlan, The Grid

Terry didn't remember much after the guns starting firing. There had been a hot, searing pain in his stomach, and he remembered something sticky on his hands. He flashed momentarily to some of the hypergore in some of his favorite shooters. This was tame in comparison, but the games didn't make him queasy, or take his legs out from under him.

After that, it was little more that chaotic flashes. He mixed up sirens and screams, remembered a lot of jostling that made his stomach ache worse. He thought someone was speaking a foreign language, but he never knew when Uomo was going to shift to a new persona, anyway, so he just sort of assumed that was what happened.

It wasn't until they were on the road that life stopped being some fading back-and-forth montage. Crowded in a van with his companions, as well as several new additions, Terry tried to push himself up onto his elbows, but it felt like someone was punching him in the stomach. He hissed and fell back again. His mouth was dry, his throat scratchy. He couldn't seem to manage words, so instead he just reached out mentally with a generic Where the hell are we?.

The radio piped up something about being in between "your place for rock" and "your place for smooth jazz." About as helpful as anything subjected to public airwaves was likely to be to him. Probably best they didn't have a GPS on the vehicle itself, anyway.

So, they were on the road, at least. And alive. That was good, though he could do without the jabbing pain in his stomach.

Last edited:

BBs

First Post
Laura sighs "Well at least the girl is okay. How are we going to get on to a plane, the airports would be guarded ... or do you mean FIND a plane?" She looks quizzically at Uomo until Grid spoke "Hey you're up! How are you feeling?" Great Laura, give your mind a mind palm for stating and questioning the obvious!

OOC: Dang Grid posteda few seconds right before I did hehe.

Last edited:

Remove ads