• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gaming W/Jemal: Mutant High

hero4hire

Explorer
Jemal said:
Blob is about 6' tall and weighs several hundred pounds, IIRC. Hence, DENSITY. I rule Large sized simply by matter of Girth, and give him 4 ranks Growth.
IMMOVABILITY and Super-strength are his primary powers.
Also of note, he's withstood Gunfire, low-grade missiles, Explosives, and about 50/50 WOLVERINES CLAWS. Punch him in the face or loose yer hand.

Originally he was 5 ft. 10 in tall, and weighed 510 lbs., but after further mutation he grew to 8 ft. tall 976 lbs.

So it depends on which version you are using. :)

Jemal

Adventurer
Thanx, H4H, I couldn't find actual stats for him online, so was going by memory.
Nice to know you're still following along, btw. :D Remember you're free to join anytime you like.
*J01N T3H D4RK S1D3*

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Arr...and I don't think you'd really lose your hand. He's not damage resistant because his skin is hyperdense or anything. It's because his fat tissue is super-absorbent...impacts on it lose their force and fail to penetrate.

So hit him in the belly...and you're up to your elbow in stretchy, sweaty skin...and lard.

EW

Jemal

Adventurer
Shayuri said:
So hit him in the belly...and you're up to your elbow in stretchy, sweaty skin...and lard.

Hence the 'loose yer hand' quote. Didn't mean it'd bust, meant good luck retreiving. ;)

Insight

Adventurer
Jemal said:
Hence the 'loose yer hand' quote. Didn't mean it'd bust, meant good luck retreiving. ;)

I'm almost certain Colossus tried to punch the Blob at some point and his hand just went in... and he couldn't get it out. I think this was early on in Colossus' career.

Jemal

Adventurer
yeah, later he just decided to shoulder-check and try to throw blob(I think him & Hulk are the only two heroes to ever successfully throw BLOB when Blob didn't want to move).

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Reminds me oh Hulk hogan vs Andre the Giant (or was it Bam-Bam Bigelow?) back at wrestlemania 4. All I remember was that hogan flipped the guy then everyone in the audience went bezerk.

Of course, what always amazes me is that no one ever goes after the legs.. I guess elbowing and punching the blob's gut is more heroic then doing a groin shot before taking out his legs.

Shayuri

First Post
Well, it's not that simple. Blob -sticks to the ground-.

When Colossus threw him, he ripped out the floor...which was still stuck to Blob's feet.

hero4hire

Explorer
Insight said:
I'm almost certain Colossus tried to punch the Blob at some point and his hand just went in... and he couldn't get it out. I think this was early on in Colossus' career.

X-Men #141 (I think) He then fought him in X-Men #225 where I believe the said knocking Blob back happened. This however was after he was injured by Riptide during the Mutant Massacre and "healed" by Magneto. Which strengthened his Osmium form and made him stronger.

Among those Blob has done that to are Hulk, Spidey, Colossus, and Hercules.

Hulk managed to knock him out by squeezing his insides while his hands were trapped.
Hulk also has uprooted the Blob at least once.

Jemal

Adventurer
Relique du Madde said:
Reminds me oh Hulk hogan vs Andre the Giant (or was it Bam-Bam Bigelow?) back at wrestlemania 4. All I remember was that hogan flipped the guy then everyone in the audience went bezerk.

Or the first time Hacksaw Jim Dugan knocked over YokoZuna. HEh, I remember watching that & cheering.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads