Gaming W/Jemal: Mutant High

Jemal

Adventurer
Hmm, well on the plus side we regained Caros, who I thought was gone for good... On the minus side, seems we have only half of our originals... I'm gonna give this another little bump and another day to see if there's anybody else, while I come up with what to do in the game to send the new NPCs off in different directions.

Jemal

Adventurer
ALLRIGHT, for who we've still got, it looks like:

Relique du Madde
Shaggyspellsword
Victim
Caros
drerek
Shayuri
Drothgery

Milagroso was still here in Early Oct, but that was nearly 2 months ago..

So I'm gonna say YES, Fangor the Fierce, we are open for new characters. Read the first little bit of this ooc thread to see what kind of expectations I had (And perhaps some of the IC thread, I'll give it a bump and post soon)

Well people, looks like we've got enough to continue on and, wouldn't you know it, I get my week off after one more shift, so I'll have time to update!

SO, stay tuned for the much-awaited conclussion to this first exciting chapter of "MUTANT HIGH: The house that Xavier Built"

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Ok, I need to throw some ideas out, and see what sticks.

First Concept - Spike, mutant with ability to grow spikes at will, use them for defense, break them off as projectiles, and double as knives/swords. He would more than likely have some healing abilities, probably flawed to self only. Quickness and Regen options. Super Senses and/or Super Speed options. Quickdraw feat for flavor of his ability to grow and break the spikes oof with ease.

I have always been a fan of Wolverine, and having a protege based on his Weapon X exploits would be cool. I would like for Wolverine to have somehow stumbled upon an abandoned facility, where not everything was removed/taken. Beneath the whole complex, in a chamber that he manages to find and enter, there was a single holding chamber, with this mutant still in stasis.

Not wanting to abandon the mutant, Wolverine took the mutant to Professor Xavier for help and to see what secrets it held. The mutant was brought back from stasis, and had amnesia. It would appear that his memories were erased by a powerful mutant. Now, being a teenager, and not sure what he is, Wolverine has taken him as a student, with Logan being his mentor.

It would appear that Wolverine's knack for rule breaking, living on the edge, and simply taking chances has rubbed off, as this kid learns from the best. He's also got the ability to fight as Logan has shown him a few tricks.

Powers would be Healing, Attacks (melee mainly), Protection, Super Movement, Super Senses, Immunity, Regen. Spike would easily fit into this type of concept, and I would like to know if its a viable option. If so, i would need some aid in rounding out this type of character and his concept. So, would this work? Or should I go back to the drawing board?

I would like this guy to be untouched by the whole weapon x program, so that his skeletal structure did not get augmented with adamantium.

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Victim said:
Sounds like you want a damaging Aura as well.
Aura would be nice! So, for Damage Aura, I would need Damage at 4pp/rank minimum. Then the Selective Feat to make sure I don't accidentally affect an ally. Maybe even a little knockback for some fun.

Nice idea! Not sure how to go about building that power, but here's what I have so far:

Spike

Abilities (28pp): STR: 22 [18] (+6), DEX: 14 (+2), CON: 20 (+5), INT: 12 (+1), WIS: 12 (+1), CHA: 12 (+1)

Powers (64pp):
Container 6 (Mutant Skeleton; Power Feat: Innate) (31 pp)
Enhanced Skeletal Structure:
(9pp)Permanent Density 3 [+6 Strength, Toughness +1 (Extra: Impervious), Immovable 1, Super Strength 1, Mass x2]
(4pp)Protection 4
(12pp)Strike 5 (Extra: Penetrating; PF: Accurate 2, Mighty; Drawback: Only Lethal Damage)
(3pp)Super-Movement 2 (Wall-Crawling 2, Full Speed, Hands and Feet free)
(2pp)Regeneration: Resurrection 2 (24hours)

Regeneration (22pp) (3pp Bruised 1 per round with no rest, 6pp Injured 1 per round with no rest, 4pp Staggered 1 round, 6pp Disabled 1 round; 2pp Ability Damage 1 hour, PF: Persistent)

Immunity 2 (Aging, Poison)
Speed 1
Super Senses 8 (Hearing [Extended 1, Acute 1, Accurate 2], Tremorsense 3, Danger Sense 1)

Victim

First Post
Well, one problem is that damaging Auras are terribly expensive now. You could replace most of your conventional offense with the Aura though, especially with UP Aura rules though. Then you'd basically have one attack at PL linked to a STR only punch (and you might want to go for less STR).

Innate on purely mutant abilities seems unusual; in my rather limited experience, it seems like even rather permanent changes from mutations can be suppressed.

Remove ads