• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gamma World to Return -- What Else Should Come Back?

Lonely in my tastes

Me,
I'd love to see more spelljammer material than just the minigame.

And Hollowworld, that setting was really innovative- and get Allston to write it too.

I just love having nonstandard tastes. :)

Re: Lonely in my tastes

A few of you have mentioned Masque of the Red Death.

There is a 3e version already. The RPGA's Living Death campaign is set in the 1890s, and uses a 3e conversion of the old 2e MotRD rules.

There is a free player's guide at the Living Death website. It has enough information to run a homebrew MotRD 3e campaign--classes, spells, etc.

daveinhb

First Post
The GOOD ol days

Lets hope for a great remake true to spirit of Gamma World. We had an awesome Top Secret Campaign where a simple skirmish would up destroying an entire town, and Boot Hill was fun, for a bit, too. Might have to check out spycraft.

The Sigil

Mr. 3000 (Words per post)
Put me down for Star Frontiers and The Bard's Tale.

Mystara - I would be interested - provided they whack off the name "Mystara" and return it to the "Known World" and remove any and all of the crap added to that world post-1987 (real time) AND set the timeline at 1000 AD and NEVER EVER MOVE IT.

IOW, the "source" material is:

B1-B12
X1-X13
DA1-DA4
CM1-CM9
M1-M5
IM1-IM3
Boxed Sets: Basic, Expert, Companion, Master, Immortals
GAZ1-14
Dawn of the Emperors
AC1-13

and NOTHING ELSE. Everything added after this was, IMO, unadulterated crap meant to turn the coolest (IMO) setting ever published into the Forgotten Vodka (instead of the Forgotten Rums).

--The Sigil

Last edited:

D.Shaffer

First Post
Gamma World? No.

Forget Gamma World. Give me..Gammarauders! True it wasnt technically an RPG, but it was a great setting.

50 foot talk killer cyborg penguins! With guns! And Hoverbike support! :)

Teleporturtles! FOWLOTE! Lab Rats! Cars with fins! Elvis!

Psychotic Dreamer

First Post
I'd love to see Hollow World updated to 3E. Babylon 5 would be interesting, but I'm not sure D20 would capture it well. Star Frontiers would be wonderful as D20.

I think D20 Modern with a modified magic system could hand Shadowrun quite well. I'd also love to see the Amazing Engine games brought back as a Polyhedron Mini-Games.

I'm pretty much willing to give almost anything a chance as long as it is well done. :)

fusangite

First Post
I'm hoping that Gamma World will be flexible enough that one can port the core rules to 21st, 22nd or 23rd century post-apocalyptic campaign worlds and to the metamorphosis alpha setting. The peculiar specificity of Gamma World is what I thought kept it from becoming a more popular game. Every time I've run Gamma World, it's been with rules modifications to fit it into different eras and settings.

Frostmarrow said:
Oh, and yes I forgot. A game that has renamed Copenhagen to Necropolis has got to be good. ;)
Hmprf... :mad: ;)

Other than a brief period of playing Boot Hill & Warhammer, I never played any other PnP RPG than D&D. A system I found fascinating though was the CRPG Darklands. I spend hours experimenting with the character generation system, and even though the game itself was somewhat limited (expansions were planned but never appeared) it was a lot of fun. It's skill based though, so it isn't readily convertible to d20.

Remove ads