• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gandalf's evil game OOC-closed

Theroc

First Post
Correct, Glasseye.

Solos, I'm working from the D20PFSRD... I don't actually have the Pathfinder books. Maybe that's part of why I'm getting so confused. :p I just love the idea of "Create your own monster" the summoner allows.

Glasseye: Doesn't the Eidolon come up different each time I summon it? Or is transmogrify required to tweak it?

GlassEye

Adventurer
Glasseye: Doesn't the Eidolon come up different each time I summon it? Or is transmogrify required to tweak it?

When you first get your eidolon you choose its base form which never changes. You have x number of evolution points to spend at first level. When you gain a level your total number of evolution points goes up and you can change how all of your evolution points are spent. However, you can't change those points once spent until you level up again. So, every time you summon your eidolon you get the same 'build' until you go up a level and gain more evolution points or you cast Transmogrify which allows you to change how those evolution points are spent.

SolosAddie

Explorer
the evolution points are set

" Whenever the summoner gains a level, he must decide how these points(evolution) are spent, and they are set until he gains another level of summoner."

Not clear if you can reset all the points at level up, but i suppose that's up to how dm and you interpret.

SolosAddie

Explorer
[MENTION=3565]Scott[/MENTION] you'll have to see what DM thinks, we were originally going to go with 7... so could be likely if you're optimistic.

if you do, please, please tie your background, into being part of the circle my char is. I'm starting to feel outnumbered with all three of the others possibly coming from the same tribe and all :)

Lughart

First Post
Oh, don't be intimidated. My gnome is a city girl, I was just planning to worm my way into their tribe later. Still, It would be a good idea if more of the characters know each other from the start.

GlassEye

Adventurer
APG said:
Whenever the summoner gains a level, he must decide how these points(evolution) are spent, and they are set until he gains another level of summoner.

Not clear if you can reset all the points at level up, but i suppose that's up to how dm and you interpret.

The bolded part of the APG you quoted implies to me that you can decide each level how all of your points are going to be spent.

I'm not Glasseye...

Thank goodness! I don't like to think there could be two of me walking around.

GlassEye

Adventurer
GandalfMithrandir, at my last count 5 or 6 (I think) of those seven were spellcasters. I think that's going to end up being a nightmare to run. For that reason, but mostly because I'm considering running a game myself, I'm going to withdraw my tengu fire wizard/bloatmage. Sounds like you are going to have a grand game, though! Have fun, and I'll see most of you in LPF.

Remove ads