Gary Gygax has passed. RIP beloved father of RPG's. (merged)

without Gary Gygax i cant think of how my life would be .d&d has been a big part of my life it kept me out of trouble when i was younger and gave me an out llet for my creativity. i've spent countless hours enjoying what mr. gygax has given us and there are simply no words for me to say just how much it has ment to me or how much enjoyment this game has given to me. its a darker world today soon i will be teaching my little girl the game i love just as i have taught others . gary gygax legacy is in the worlds we have created and he created how many lives has he touched though this small thing how much diffent is the would because of what he made. a life is often messured in thouse it touches and what it gives to the world. if that is the case then mr. gygax's life has been one that has lift a very lasting and real lagacy . he will be missed and i will always be grateful.

JDJblatherings

First Post
Goodbye Mr. Gygax.

His work has impacted so many lives; he led me to meeting both my wives, has helped me keep in regular contact with friends for decades now and given my family a pastime we can all share together.
My wife, father, son, daughter, old friends and I will all note his passing tonight during our weekly game.

Last edited:

carborundum

Adventurer
Wow ... I haven't said his name out loud in at least a year and I'm just dumbstruck. My girlfriend said "Huh? First time I heard of him was when he died" and I guess most non-geek types will have the same reaction.

The guy changed my life. I moved to a new town at 16 and it was hell. You know, the kind of hell you can only feel as a sixteen-year old. I'd read Tolkein and discovered David Eddings, and found a note in the local paper saying that there was a role-playing club starting. Changed my life. Did I say that already?

Ever since then I've been collecting and playing, 25 years, man and boy :) And it's all down to one man's imagination. Here's to you sir!

Remove ads