Gary Gygax has passed. RIP beloved father of RPG's. (merged)

Chris_Nightwing

First Post
Thanks Gary, for all the years of entertainment and the laughs. You once appeared in the ENWorld chat room, in the early days of 3rd Edition, to find me DMing a rather silly online game. You watched as it fell apart and said afterwards that it looked like fun, despite the chaos. And it was. You will be missed.

Thanee

First Post
While it doesn't come unexpected, with all the reports about his health, reading these news still makes one sad.

Good bye, Gary! And many thanks for everything you gave to us!

You have made this world a better place with your imagination and creativity.
Hopefully the place where you are now is to your liking!

Bye
Thanee

Remathilis

Legend
garytribute.jpg

Goodbye Sir. And thank you.

(That said, I'd be willing to pitch in a few gp toward those diamonds, if anyone else is...)

dogoftheunderworld

Adventurer
Supporter
"But, D&D is just a game," I keep telling myself. "I don't even really know Mr. Gygax."

None the less, I am saddened. Just a game.. a game I have played on and off for 29 years. A game that has brought me countless hours of joy, excitement, learning, imagining, creating... adventuring. Even in gaming, I was recluse... just my brother and a couple of his friends. Not much more today. Just having started a campaign for my son and his cousins, I look forward to years and years more of gaming with good friends and family.

Thank you Gary, for dreaming a bigger dream and passing on not just a game, but a new idea of what a game can be.

"In heaven, you no longer have to worry about rolling a "1"; unless your in Gygax's game :] "
- St. Peter (attributed)

Peace be the Journey, Gary.

Brian
<><

Remove ads