Gate Pass Gazette Gate Pass Gazette Issue #1 Is Here!

Hello folks! Here it is, Gate Pass Gazette Issue #1, which you can download today! We hope you enjoy it - it's crammed full of official new Level Up: Advanced 5th Edition content! The Gate Pass Gazette is the official monthly magazine for Level Up: Advanced 5th Edition. Each month, this digital supplement comes crammed with new rules and resources for your game. You can subscribe to the Gate...

Hello folks! Here it is, Gate Pass Gazette Issue #1, which you can download today! We hope you enjoy it - it's crammed full of official new Level Up: Advanced 5th Edition content!

The Gate Pass Gazette is the official monthly magazine for Level Up: Advanced 5th Edition. Each month, this digital supplement comes crammed with new rules and resources for your game.

You can subscribe to the Gate Pass Gazette right here. And you will also get Issue #0 for free!

gpg1.jpg

Mysterious Mastermind: The Fateholder (Paul Hughes)​

A giant arachnid with eight multicolored eyes, a fateholder fixes its prey with an unsettling gaze that can read, or even alter, the victim’s past, present, and future.

Foretold Prowess (Thiago Rosa)​

This article provides four new archetypes for adventurers aware of the silken threads meant to bind sapient beings into the Great Web of Fate. Some seek to use and twist them towards their own ends, others to re-weave their own destinies, and a tenacious few choose to rend them asunder.

Weaving Prophecy (Cassandra MacDonald)​

Upon a plain of vast, silver cities of porous towers connected by silken strands, a great weaver works tirelessly on patterns of silk that tie one world to the next. Everything here is to her precise design, maintained eternally in axiomatic perfection. In every window of these webs, she sees destiny play out for every being who takes part in her plans, and as her web grows, so too does her reach. Here, Weaver of Destiny, the Mother of Law, Lady of the First Web, the Fate Spinner weaves patterns into prophecies and chaos into order.

The Fellspire (Marc Kenobi)​

Set in a dark corner of the land beyond the Bleak Gate, Fellspire is a perpetually-twilit city long fallen to decay, though its titular tower still rises like a spear to pierce the bleak skies above. Its reflection in the Waking is a rambling swamp where creeping vines choke all other growth as they reach to break the stones of a long-forgotten ruin.

With most of its residents gone, those that remain are filled with an endless hunger and an overwhelming sense of distrust. Some hold just enough sanity to deal in unclean magic, souls, or flesh with those intrepid few who visit, while far more prey on such visitors—and each other.

Lurking in the shadows of darkened alleys or ancient sewers, they’re always ready to pounce on their next meal, no matter how much of a fight it puts up.

These challenges, items, and monsters can be used all together or wherever your game needs some horror in the shadows.

Anselm

Adventurer
Happy Sunday! The subclasses here are wonderful. Love the thematic combination of fate spinner/divination. A berserker class with that theme is really fun, similar to how the wild magic barb O5E subclass feels. Very excited to look through the exploration challenges as well!

Bladeseer question: is the prophecy die supposed to go away after used successfully or does it stay the entire encounter for every roll of the type you choose?

You lose the die at the end of the combat.
Ok, and please forgive me if I come off as obtuse, but like… I spend the exertion and I get the dice. Next attack, I use the die and I succeed. Then I make a second attack, so I add the die again and keep doing so for all rolls until end of combat or do I need to use the power again to get another die for the next attack / damage roll I want to use one on? My player wants to play one so we are trying to make sure we fully understand this cause we came to different conclusions

Ok, and please forgive me if I come off as obtuse, but like… I spend the exertion and I get the dice. Next attack, I use the die and I succeed. Then I make a second attack, so I add the die again and keep doing so for all rolls until end of combat or do I need to use the power again to get another die for the next attack / damage roll I want to use one on? My player wants to play one so we are trying to make sure we fully understand this cause we came to different conclusions
I guess a better way to ask this is: is two exertion intended to let me add a prophecy die to every attack roll through the entire encounter (effectively 2 exertion for ~+4 to all attack rolls the rest of the encounter, assuming I don’t miss and it increases)

Faolyn

(she/her)
Speaking of bladeseer (cool idea, btw), do the Weave Sight and Sight Beyond Sight abilities last for the duration of the spell (1 hour for see invisibility, and Con, up to 10 minutes for clairvoyance)? Or do they just last until the end of the combat/scene?

Bolongo

Herr Doktor
I guess a better way to ask this is: is two exertion intended to let me add a prophecy die to every attack roll through the entire encounter (effectively 2 exertion for ~+4 to all attack rolls the rest of the encounter, assuming I don’t miss and it increases)
I would assume so. Otherwise the mechanisms for increasing or decreasing die size don't make any sense.

Bolongo

Herr Doktor
Speaking of bladeseer (cool idea, btw), do the Weave Sight and Sight Beyond Sight abilities last for the duration of the spell (1 hour for see invisibility, and Con, up to 10 minutes for clairvoyance)? Or do they just last until the end of the combat/scene?
Because it says "while you have a prophecy die", the later.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Ok, and please forgive me if I come off as obtuse, but like… I spend the exertion and I get the dice. Next attack, I use the die and I succeed. Then I make a second attack, so I add the die again and keep doing so for all rolls until end of combat or do I need to use the power again to get another die for the next attack / damage roll I want to use one on?
No, you keep the die until the end of the combat.

"You lose your prophecy die at the end of the combat or the scene, whichever comes first."

Remove ads

Remove ads