D&D General Gelatinous Cube Toy For Action Figures

In March 2023 you will be able to buy a gelatinous cube and put your 6" action figures in it. Is this the thing you didn't know you needed? Watch out, it’s a Gelatinous Cube! This 6-inch-scale collectible is compatible with D&D 6-Inch figures that can be posed out inside with the “invisible” stand. It includes 14 snap-in accessories to add to the scene. This cubic collector figure will...

In March 2023 you will be able to buy a gelatinous cube and put your 6" action figures in it. Is this the thing you didn't know you needed?

2.png

1.png

Watch out, it’s a Gelatinous Cube! This 6-inch-scale collectible is compatible with D&D 6-Inch figures that can be posed out inside with the “invisible” stand. It includes 14 snap-in accessories to add to the scene. This cubic collector figure will probably look cool in your display, looking menacingly over your other Golden Archive figures. Figures each sold separately. Subject to availability.

OPEN THE DOORS TO THE GOLDEN ARCHIVE. These 6-inch scale, premium action figures and collectibles are inspired by Dungeons & Dragons lore and entertainment from nearly 50 years. Featuring the deco, articulation, and poseability one expects from Hasbro collectible figures with the characters, classes, and species you love from D&D.

Includes: 6 cube panels for assembly into figure, 14 accessories, stand, and instructions.
  • 6-INCH SCALE GELATINOUS CUBE: Pose a 6-inch action figure within your Gelatinous Cube collectible figure and imagine the heroes of D&D stuck inside. Figures sold separately. Subject to availability.
  • 14 SNAP-IN ACCESSORIES & “INVISIBLE” STAND: D&D dice are the D&D accessories of choice for boring humans, but this Gelatinous Cube comes with accessories & stand for prodigious posing possibilities
  • INSPIRED BY THE DUNGEONS & DRAGONS MOVIE: Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves may have dungeons and dragons. We won’t tell. Spoilers!
  • IS IT A GOOD D&D GIFT FOR BOYS, MEN, GIRLS, WOMEN, AND ALSO EVERYONE?: We can’t brag (really, we can’t) but this transluscent, 6-inch scale Gelatinous Cube may tickle the fancy of the D&D fans in your life
  • ROLL A PERCEPTION CHECK TO FIND MORE D&D GOLDEN ARCHIVE FIGURES: More 6-inch action figures means more D&D gifts. Each sold separately. Subject to availability.

Jer

Legend
Supporter
Well, from a game mechanics perspective I assume he could survive it, assuming he has enough HP and all that sort of thing. I just mean from a movie perspective, where being dissolved inside a large acidic cube isn't as likely to be handwaved with abstract mechanics, you would think that the character would either die or would emerge so horribly scarred with his skin all eaten away that he may as well be dead.
I mean, the way the gelatinous cube actually works in the game is that if you get trapped in it and you get out you're fine, except your down some hp. So it wouldn't be changing the way it works so much as tweaking the fiction to be the way the cube actually works in the game mechanics.

I've had a few gelatinous cubes in my games across editions and unless they're low level, pretty much any character can survive a few rounds inside the cube.

teitan

Legend
Looks fun, but you can easily make gelatinous cubes many ways including simply using some clear plastic packaging and a hot glue gun. Or any number of other ways, including old dice containers like I do.

But a Mr Potato Head gelatinous cube would be pretty awesome if anyone is looking for a Christmas gift for their favorite DM. ;)
Yeah but can you put your Marvel Legends Spider-Man in that one?

MatthewJHanson

Registered Ninja
Publisher
Which actually makes me think they're probably changing how a gelatinous cube works. I bet in the movie it isn't actually acidic. Instead, it probably just sort of traps you and suffocates you. That way, you could have characters ending up inside the cube without having to deal with the likely horrific effects of being dissolved.
Looking at the trailer again, there's definitely a skeleton with all the flesh gone, so probably still acidic.

Like in the game though, and like real life acids, in the movie it will probably take some time before doing major damage, so if they can get out quickly they'll be fine. Plus the likely have access to magical healing. (I really hope Chris Pine sings a song to make people's wounds heal up.)

GreyLord

Legend
Well, if you want to make your own which you can smash plastic toys into, get a reasonable plastic cube of the size you want, make sure it is hollow.

Make some Jello of whatever color you want (may I suggest green?) and then put it to settle in the fridge. When it's as solid as it gets, take it out of the cube and set it on the table. There is your cube. Smash figures into it as much as you like.

teitan

Legend
And . . . . the existing Drizzt action figure is 6" . . . . perfect for being engulfed in this gelatinous cube . . . .

I have it and wuv him. I wonder how the NECA will do even though they are 7” scale oooor Masters of the Universe Origins and Masterverse????

Remove ads

Remove ads