D&D General Gen Con, Daisy, Sleeping in the Lobby and All That

Kitsune

Explorer
Little Red Dot's account was that "For GenCon 2022 I was assigned a room with Daisy also known as /AWiseArtist online. This room assignment was provided as part of the exchange for working with the GenCon Stream Team." It sounds like the con itself was paying for the room in question, though she didn't specify who did the assigning or whether she opted to room with Daisy or if they were simply told they were sharing a room.

MGibster

Legend
Little Red Dot's account was that "For GenCon 2022 I was assigned a room with Daisy also known as /AWiseArtist online. This room assignment was provided as part of the exchange for working with the GenCon Stream Team." It sounds like the con itself was paying for the room in question, though she didn't specify who did the assigning or whether she opted to room with Daisy or if they were simply told they were sharing a room.
Fair enough, now I'm a bit surprised Gen Con hasn't said boo about this yet. And now I can direct my criticism at Gen Con itself for its policy of having "volunteers" share rooms. This should be a wakeup call for them to end that particular practice.

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
And now I can direct my criticism at Gen Con itself for its policy of having "volunteers" share rooms. This should be a wakeup call for them to end that particular practice.
They‘ve been doing this for years, by my memory. I’ve never taken part, but I always assumed this was the way it worked. I suspect that this may be more of an issue as the demographics of the hobby changes.

Remove ads