GenCon 2005 Events!

IronWolf

blank
pjrake said:
2. How is the public transportation down there? I really would like to avoid renting a car for the weekend and if I can get around by bus that would be great. It looks like I'm staying in a motel next to the airport (and according to mapquest the convention is only 15 minutes away).

Not 100% sure on travel from the airport, I have heard rumors that GenCon will have shuttle service this year from the Airport area. Not sure if it is just for certain hotels or the airport in general or if this actually even went through.

Another good source of GenCon information are the Gen Con Forums and The Keeper of Ancient GenCon Lore's site.

HellHound

ENnies winner and NOT Scrappy Doo
The Embassy Suites hotel is probably the most economical hotel in town - suites instead of rooms (for only $1 a night more on average), BIG breakfasts (big enough that I usually skip lunch) and free booze for two hours in the evening.

The first year we were there, we saved roughly $60 a morning on food (5 people, big breakfasts), and then another $50 a night on booze...

Teflon Billy

Explorer
HellHound said:
The Embassy Suites hotel is probably the most economical hotel in town - suites instead of rooms (for only $1 a night more on average), BIG breakfasts (big enough that I usually skip lunch) and free booze for two hours in the evening.

The first year we were there, we saved roughly $60 a morning on food (5 people, big breakfasts), and then another $50 a night on booze...

I love the Embassy Suites :)

Phoenix8008

First Post
Has it been anounced yet if Gencon is staying in Indy in the years to come? I remember when it first moved that the deal was until 2005. I actually live in Indy and have never made it yet. Due to finances, I probably won't be able to go this year either. But if Gencon moves to some other city, I can just forget about it cause it ain't gonna happen. So if this is the last year in Indy, I'd try harder to make it this year SOMEHOW. So, if anybody has heard one way or the other on this, please let me know here. Thanks!

HinterWelt

First Post
Well, no press release in this thread but we will have a daily drawing for an authentic third century gaming die, we will be running four games and have a booth at the Game Publishers Association's block (booth# 1939).

Read more here.

Bill

Remove ads