• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

GenCon 2005 Events!

IronWolf

blank
MrFilthyIke said:
At the Embassy Suites, 5pm till 7pm, free liquor and beer for hotel guests...I love my Embassy Suites. :cool:

One of the many reasons we are there too! I also believe there is a complimentary hot breakfast in the morning.

Crothian

First Post
IronWolf said:
One of the many reasons we are there too! I also believe there is a complimentary hot breakfast in the morning.

there is, and if you are a morning person like myself you can get there when the food is all fresh and hotand very good. You'll love the Bacon Ironwolf!! :cool:

IronWolf

blank
Crothian said:
there is, and if you are a morning person like myself you can get there when the food is all fresh and hotand very good. You'll love the Bacon Ironwolf!! :cool:

IronPup will be with us, so we will be up bright and early! We may just have to join you for breakfast! Can't wait to try out the bacon! :)

MrFilthyIke

First Post
Crothian said:

I hate mornings, as do most of my hotel roomates, but we'll be there early because FREE makes it taste better. :)

Dextra

Social Justice Wizard
Hey all you parents!

Just a note to say that we're bringing the Gelflings this year (ages 10 & 14), and with the exception of the Costume Contest (Saturday afternoon) and ENnie Award ceremony (Friday night) timings, they'll be available for babysitting. Also, the kid's room is fabulous- I expect you'll find Gelfling #2 there a lot!

Dextra

Social Justice Wizard
IronWolf said:

It's the best breakfast around! Custom eggs or crèpes, plenty of breakfast meats, cereals, bread products, juices, fruits, muffins... It's fabulous- just remember to fill your pockets with fruit to keep in your mini-fridge upstairs for game snacks, and you're set for most of the day!

pjrake

Explorer
First Timer, Be Gentle

I'm going for the first time but did not pre-register (would not find out if I would be able to go until a few days ago). Have a few questions if you can all help me out:

1. Would I be able to still register for the events? There are alot of games I'm interested in, most of them are the ones where they teach you how to play. Also I would like to roleplay a few games, especially Mutants & Masterminds.

2. How is the public transportation down there? I really would like to avoid renting a car for the weekend and if I can get around by bus that would be great. It looks like I'm staying in a motel next to the airport (and according to mapquest the convention is only 15 minutes away).

3. Is it true I can purchase an entrance (badge) pass on Wednesday at the convention? I hear the lines on Thursday morning are brutal.

Thanks!

PJ

1. Would I be able to still register for the events? There are alot of games I'm interested in, most of them are the ones where they teach you how to play. Also I would like to roleplay a few games, especially Mutants & Masterminds.

Yes, but the event registration line will be so long you won't want to bother. Get generic tickets to try to get into games, and play in pickup games. You'll probably have more fun. And you get get plenty of short demos in the dealers hall.

2. How is the public transportation down there?
No idea. Never had to use it.

3. Is it true I can purchase an entrance (badge) pass on Wednesday at the convention? I hear the lines on Thursday morning are brutal.
Yes, and yes, they are. But they are pretty long on Wednesday night as well (but not as bad as Thursday morning).

Remove ads