• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

General DCC RPG thread

Weiley31

Legend
Speaking of which....

1681659575563.png

Yeah, that’s what’s holding me back on DE. I want about as complicated as DCC already is as my upper limit on crunch. I’m not looking for extra complexity in the classes. A few subsystems that compliment the system already in place and cover things I’d want mechanics for, sure.

It definitely is more complicated than core DCC, though not obscenely so. I guess I'd sum it up as something I wouldn't want to start someone brand-new to DCC with. You really need that grounding in DCC's base mechanics to move onto DCC Dying Earth. Still, even if you take out the class parts, DCC Dying Earth is a gorgeous way to engage with and explore Jack Vance's world.

Despite it being the ONE class from this I was excited for with seeing how it works/read about its curses, I have to reread the Witch class a couple of times.

I've read the Magician at least twice and am not 100% solid on it.

eyeheartawk

#1 Enworld Jerk™
Yeah, I can't say I'm really that huge a fan of the Dying Earth classes. I'd probably allow most of the core classes in a Dying Earth game. I don't think you're breaking anything by allowing normal thiefs and warriors. I probably wouldn't allow normal wizards and elfs though since I want the magic in Dying Earth to be preserved.

Remove ads