• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

General DCC RPG thread

darjr

I crit!
One whole set of DCC dice fit.

IMG_7537.jpeg

darjr

I crit!
Hanging out in War of the Cyclops con gather town.

Ath-kethin

Elder Thing
I got mine already, too. Super fast turnaround and shipping, especially for Goodman's tiny crew, and I appreciate it.

I spent a few years, on and off, working on an update of the Rules Cyclopedia for a modern presentation and new game. Then, by chance, I happened across the DCC core book in a game store and realized everything I wanted, and more, was already done.

I love DCC. I've been playing TTRPGs since 1993, and I've played all sorts of games, but DCC is the first one that just absolutely covers all the bases I love. I ran a game at my FLGS that ended up amassing 6 regular players plus a walk in here and there, and it was the best game I've run probably ever. The system is fast. Intuitive, flexible, and the charts are a whole lot less of an issue than you'd worry they are.

My main house rule is max HP at every level for PCs after the funnel, and max HP for healing potions and spells. Those have been my house rules for literally decades, and I saw no reason to change them now. Of course, I've also never had anyone play a cleric in a DCC game, so I might change that rule at some point, but for now it holds.

I'm a little sad right now because I just moved across the country for work, and while there's a more robust DCC community where I am now than where I moved from, I don't have an actual game going here yet. Also, the larger community here probably means more competition on Free RPG Day and DCC day, so that's something I'll have to contend with too.

Last edited:

Ath-kethin

Elder Thing
Something nobody has enough up here yet is that the whole crew at Goodman Games seems to be made up of just fantastic people, from Joe Goodman himself to Jen Brinkman and all the way down. I kind of had a sense that was true, but volunteering at their booth last Gen Con just really brought it home.

It doesn't always take great people to make great products, but those of us in the DCC community are truly fortunate to have both.

darjr

I crit!
I got mine already, too. Super fast turnaround and shipping, especially for Goodman's tiny crew, and I appreciate it.

I spent a few years, on and off, working on an update of the Rules Cyclopedia for a modern presentation and new game. Then, by chance, I happened across the DCC core book in a game store and realized everything I wanted, and more, was already done.

I love DCC. I've been playing TTRPGs since 1993, and I've played all sorts of games, but DCC is the first one that just absolutely covers all the bases I love. I ran a game at my FLGS that ended up amassing 6 regular players plus a walk in here and there, and it was the best game I've run probably ever. The system is fast. Intuitive, flexible, and the charts are a whole lot less of an issue than you'd worry they are.

My main house rule is max HP at every level for PCs after the funnel, and max HP for healing potions and spells. Those have been my house rules for literally decades, and I saw no reason to change them now. Of course, I've also never had anyone play a cleric in a DCC game, so I might change that rule at some point, but for now it holds.

I'm a little sad right now because I just moved across the country for work, and while there's a more robust DCC community where I am now than where I moved from, I don't have an actual game going here yet. Also, the larger community here probably means more competition on Free RPG Day and DCC day, so that's something I'll have to contend with too.
I volunteer to run the DCC adventure at my FLGS for FreeRPGDay. That nets me a copy, early even.

Remove ads