General DCC RPG thread

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Huh. Then it’s an experience difference. My experience with DCC is loaded with gonzo right from the start. That’s not saved for later levels. All that stuff I mentioned, and what you’ve said here, are all 0-level, 1st-level, etc experiences. The player’s the one experiencing the gonzo elements, how long their character lasts is irrelevant.
I think it largely depends on which adventures we're playing. There are definitely some that are more gonzo than others.

overgeeked

B/X Known World
Any idea if The Queen of Elfland's Son is going to get a reprint as a standalone adventure or are all modules now on only getting reprinted into those Tome hardbacks?
Because it's more recent, it'll likely get a standalone reprint or three before the hardback collection drive reaches that one. The anthology tomes are going in order, seven at a time it looks like. That's #97 and the most recent one is #103 or #104. So more than likely a ways off.
I think it largely depends on which adventures we're playing. There are definitely some that are more gonzo than others.
Absolutely. And the Judge.

So last night I dreamed that there was a DCC RPG movie that was a mix of live-action, traditional animation, and rotoscoping, a lot like a Ralph Bakshi movie. I really wish such a thing existed!

Any idea if The Queen of Elfland's Son is going to get a reprint as a standalone adventure or are all modules now on only getting reprinted into those Tome hardbacks?

Queen of Elfland's Son is one of my favorite DCC adventures. The Dunsany influence and vibe is tops.

CharlesWallace

enworld.com is a reminder of my hubris
Just a reminder that the Backerkit for Purple Planet goes live in just over 38 hours.

I backed it. Do you guys think that we’ll get the pdf of the core rules before they ship the real book (I chose the Erol Otis cover core rule book as an add on).

I’m just wondering if I’ll have to wait for the physical book to ship before I can read the pdf. My understanding is the rules don’t really change, just the cover.

I suppose I could ask on the backerkit site, but too late- I’m about to ask here!

teitan

Legend
We're not. It's just that funnels might have gonzo elements in them, but players' experiences of that is limited, as their characters' heads are being separated from their bodies. The gonzo-ness is more visible at higher levels, when you can hang out in a city of space wizards or climb around in a skyscraper-sized robot without constantly being prepared to reach for a new character sheet.
0 level yes... 1st level? Not so much. Roll the Body greatly increases survival and becomes available at level 1.

overgeeked

B/X Known World
I backed it. Do you guys think that we’ll get the pdf of the core rules before they ship the real book (I chose the Erol Otis cover core rule book as an add on).

I’m just wondering if I’ll have to wait for the physical book to ship before I can read the pdf. My understanding is the rules don’t really change, just the cover.

I suppose I could ask on the backerkit site, but too late- I’m about to ask here!
I honestly don't know.

eyeheartawk

#1 Enworld Jerk™

I think you'll get the PDF once the campaign ends. I think that's how they did it before if I remember right.

And yeah, they don't change the rules really at all. They change the covers, maybe change some spellings and what-not. About the most reliable thing they change around between printings is what adventures are included in the back. But they are like 99% the same book.

The most notable difference is if you happen to have a couple of first printings like I do, they don't have an index. Which is...not ideal.

Remove ads