• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Generation Legacy Issue #14 "Genocide" - Part 2

Tokiwong

First Post
KaintheSeeker said:
"We're a tool to her Chance, you know that. She made you to replace me when I refused to stand the path she had, and when she is done with you.. you'll be tossed aaside like me." He grins. "Not to mention teens are supposed to rebel against parental authority anyway."
"Wrong woman," Chance replies, "I am talking about Cardinal."

Tokiwong said:
"Wrong woman," Chance replies, "I am talking about Cardinal."

Cassie looks at her sister like she'd grown a 3rd eye. "And that person is even LESS likely to have our interests in mind. She'll use us as fodder. Get real. We're meat for her combat machine, she's likely to clone us up and make the future we know could come into fact."

Tokiwong

First Post
KaintheSeeker said:
Cassie looks at her sister like she'd grown a 3rd eye. "And that person is even LESS likely to have our interests in mind. She'll use us as fodder. Get real. We're meat for her combat machine, she's likely to clone us up and make the future we know could come into fact."
“The Cardinal is willing to die for what she believes in, she is willing to sacrifice anything to make her goal a reality, I doubt any of you can make that claim. Besides when the time comes, we won’t have much choice… it will either be serve her or die,” Chance replies.

Samnell

Explorer
Mark/Karen trudges towards the battle at her glacial pace to punch any surviving goons, with a preference for known elite or cyborg targets.

Not that I'll have anyone left to hit by the time I get there. Karen's body sucks.

Tokiwong said:
“The Cardinal is willing to die for what she believes in, she is willing to sacrifice anything to make her goal a reality, I doubt any of you can make that claim. Besides when the time comes, we won’t have much choice… it will either be serve her or die,” Chance replies.

"She's not willing to die for her cause, only willing to let others die for it." Cassie retorts. "The willingness to shed other's blood doesn't make her right and you know it. As for serving her, I doubt that I'll be offered the choice. Not many in Legacy will be. We've all foiled too many of her plots. You might think the hard path of coexistance might be futile to persue, but I disagree. And finally you know what she'd do to me in my current body. That discourages my ability to see a good side to joining her."

Shalimar

First Post
Tokiwong said:

Kelly stares incredulously at Chance, she had to be a demon clone just like the one Red Witch had made, there was no possible way that Cassie would say things like that, so the only way Chance would is if Chance was made to be an evil Cassie. "Uhh..Cassie...this isn't good." the blonde popstar says looking to her friend, at a loss as to what they should do. Chance had killed people, and that could have been self-defensy since the men were Neuro's agents what she was saying now made it look much worse.

Tokiwong

First Post
KaintheSeeker said:
"She's not willing to die for her cause, only willing to let others die for it." Cassie retorts. "The willingness to shed other's blood doesn't make her right and you know it. As for serving her, I doubt that I'll be offered the choice. Not many in Legacy will be. We've all foiled too many of her plots. You might think the hard path of coexistance might be futile to persue, but I disagree. And finally you know what she'd do to me in my current body. That discourages my ability to see a good side to joining her."
Chance shakes her head, “Well you are correct she would not give us much of a choice, but considering the circumstances, we are damned if we don’t and damned if we do. This world is going to burn one way or another and the Crucible of the fire will be upon us whether we wish it or not. The time for moralizing and trying to seek peace is over. War is coming.”

Chance gestures as a town comes into sight, “I just like to be prepared.”

Back in Italy

Karen lumbers towards the cyborg and attacks but he is much more agile then his bulky frame would let on, and easily parries her attack as if he is almost five steps ahead of her. His face is emotionless and mixed with his dark skin gives him an ominous and foreboding look in the functional combat clothing.

Karen rolls a 17 and misses!

The cyborg reaches back and grabs the SUV and effortlessly throws it at Karen but the vehicle sails over head and crashes through trees and rolls several times before coming to rest on its hood against the wall!

The cyborg is silent.

Tim rolls a 13, I will wait to see if he uses a HP.

Initiative: Anika 65, Aya 24, Ryan 16, Mark 14, Tina 13, Cyborg 9, Timothy 6, Gilden 4

KentArnold

First Post
Tokiwong said:
The cyborg is silent.

Tim rolls a 13, I will wait to see if he uses a HP.

She scowled from inside the suit, the HUD was giving her flack, and she quickly rerouted the display a few centimers to the left.

I hope this works!

Seeing the Cyborg, she cut loose, realizing that he was the powerhouse for the moment, the others could be mopped up quickly enough.

OOC: Spending a HP for a reroll

Tokiwong

First Post
KentArnold said:
She scowled from inside the suit, the HUD was giving her flack, and she quickly rerouted the display a few centimers to the left.

I hope this works!

Seeing the Cyborg, she cut loose, realizing that he was the powerhouse for the moment, the others could be mopped up quickly enough.

OOC: Spending a HP for a reroll
Tim rolls a 17, a natural roll of 9 making it a 19 roll for a total of 27. He hits! But the damage has no affect.

The cyborg is hit square on with the blast but a pinpoint energy field defense barrier. The cyborg is unfazed by the attack. He turns looking over his shoulder at Tim, and continues scanning the battlefield for more.

Gilden's turn... Oops I skipped Tina, lol I am not too worried, she got distracted trying to use Tim's body.

Last edited:

Tokiwong said:
Chance shakes her head, “Well you are correct she would not give us much of a choice, but considering the circumstances, we are damned if we don’t and damned if we do. This world is going to burn one way or another and the Crucible of the fire will be upon us whether we wish it or not. The time for moralizing and trying to seek peace is over. War is coming.”

Chance gestures as a town comes into sight, “I just like to be prepared.”

"You are wrong. We don't have to file up for the one with the torch." Cassie says angrily. "She's not going to let us live past the moment we cease to be useful. The UNJE might not be perfect, but hell Chance, you're talking with the literal devil here.. Or perhaps I'm talking to the devil. Am I?"

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads