• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Getting Your Comrade's Body from the Ocean Floor

Orius

Legend
Alensande said:
Also, remember that creatures that live in the deep ocean often cannot see shorter wavelengths of light very well; carrying a red light of some sort with you might be enough to allow you to see without becoming visible to everything in the ocean.

I think you mean blue light.

Tarangil

First Post
:\ Let's hope the DM isn't familiar with ecology from the deep ocean, otherwise you have little time on your hands. The deep (sans monsers) is full of scavangers or predators and food is unfortunately scarce. Hagfish and and other wildlife would make short work of the body even before it does hit the floor of the ocean. If you actually find the body (don't forget currents and fun things like that) try not to be suprised if all you can bring back is a small baggie with your buddy in it.

waterzones.gif
spider_crab.gif
w62thumb.jpeg

pachagfish.gif

r625-squatlobster.jpg

Infiniti2000

First Post
Update

We executed the well-thoughout plan to perfection, using most if not all of the excellent suggestions posted here. All for naught. We couldn't find the body. :mad:

It's not for why you think, though. For plot reasons, a druid (or some?) 'rescued' the body, reincarnated her and left her where we could find her. She ended up as a halfling (and yes we also roll randomly for gender, so good thing she winded up a she). So, all's well that end's well, I suppose, and we were able to save the 5000gp diamond for the monk the next day -- a victim to a dragon turtle (the final blow occuring by a spectacularly dangerous* leap from the boat onto its back by my character -- surviving the AoO -- and hitting it with a held charge slay living, it made its save, but it had 6hp by that time, unbenownst to me). This is one dangerous and confusing, but really interesting and fun mission. :)

* My cleric doesn't wear any armor or his shield while on the boat, so drowning wasn't really the worry. It was because dragon turtles are really tough. :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads