D&D 5E Ghosts of Dragonspear Castle Excerpts: Adv 1 Fane of the Sun Swallower

Plaguescarred

D&D Playtester for WoTC since 2012
I like the excerpt, it gives a good overview of the adventure and setting. I always liked the old Kingdom of Illefarn!

Last edited:

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
EDIT: That and the product description mentioned the Sundering, which is a FR-specific event that's been mentioned for several months now.
Huh. I completely missed that in the original announcement. I do know about the Sundering -- there were obviously years and years of people yelling about it -- and yeah, if I'd seen that, it would have clued me in for sure.

Still, I think it's a shame that the first big hard copy 5E preview work isn't a generic setting. This has the potential to be the Sunless Citadel for 5E, and I think making it as broadly applicable as possible would have been the way to go. (Of course, I'll be using it in Praemal, the world of Ptolus, and running it in C&C in any case, just to test the 5E-stuff-is-useful-for-any-edition theory.)

TarionzCousin

Second Most Angelic Devil Ever
I like the excerpt, it gives a good overview of the adventure and setting. I always liked the old Kingdom of Illfarn!
Under Illefarn was the first module produced for the Forgotten Realms Campaign Set.

n5.jpg

Libramarian

Adventurer
Too much upfront bad guy back story which the PCs (or many DMs) are not going to care about.

Agreed. This sounds like a lot of cruft around a basic do-what-this-NPC-says railroad.

Also this dragon is a pretty lame villain. I would rather it be the female of the pair rather than the male who really, really needs to get that egg back or he's going to be in big trouble when his wife comes home.

Remove ads