TSR Giantlands

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
All three of the interviewers are loud and proud bigots. Stop downplaying this
I don't know anyone on that show other than Pundit, but I am not downplaying anything (other than saying Pundit is not the ghost of Lovecraft or David Duke level, which he isn't). Stop playing the, "Are you now or have you ever associated with..." witch hunt game.

Going on an interview show with someone who says bad things isn't the same as you believing in those things or supporting those things. That's not a fair standard. It's not a standard we use in society. The very paradox of intolerance you support comes from a book which speaks at great length about directly speaking to those you disagree with, and to the audiences of those who you disagree with where you find those audiences.

Last edited:

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
I have no problem with anchovies on pizza. And I'll have to try kimchi on a pizza, for sure: I had kimchi on a hot dog last weekend and it was absolutely delicious. (Seriously, try it. I'll never be able to go back to sauerkraut.)

I don't mind pineapple on my pizza, either. I mean, it's not my favorite but I won't complain if my guests want me to chip in for one. Why should my personal preference dictate what others are allowed to enjoy?

But if someone wanted to I dunno, put rat poison on a pizza, I would stop them immediately. Even if they were "just kidding around." Especially if they were just kidding around. Poison isn't a joke to laugh about, it isn't an argument, it isn't a philosophical debate...it's deadly and it hurts people. I don't want it anywhere near food, and I don't want to be around people who are comfortable with its use.

Sorry if this analogy feels strained.

Last edited:

DammitVictor

Trust the Fungus
Supporter
I pile on anchovies and, when available, kimchi. I'm well aware I'm the odd one out on this one. I know who I am

But how can you eat anchovies on a pizza without pineapple? They are the perfect complements as pizza toppings. Pineapple, anchovy, and roasted red pepper is as perfect and wholesome as pineapple, spinach, and feta.

Steampunkette

Rules Tinkerer and Freelance Writer
Supporter
Sure if during the interview Pundit says something problematic and Ward just nods and says nothing I think that's fair to call Ward out on it.

The claim was that Ward had somehow sinned merely for going on an interview video that included Pundit as one of the interviewers. That's not a fair standard. It smacks of one of those "Are you now or have you ever associated with..." dark 1950s days questions.
The Devil needs no Advocate, Mistwell.

The video exists online, and you are free to watch it. You're also free to read the various reviews of it's contents, or explicitly it's objectionable contents, on this forum as well as others. You've explicitly, and repeatedly, stated that you have no, or minimal, knowledge of it's contents. At this point in the conversation there's no reason for that to be true except that you do not -wish- to know.

Pretending that this information is somehow unattainable or untenable for you to absorb while continually haranguing someone who directly referenced the stuff for a particular line you "Don't Like" and comparing it to Communist Hunts in the 50s is disingenuous at best.

783750.jpg

Dude sat down with bigots and listened to their bigotry with a smile on his face. Said his own bigoted BS along the way. End of story.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
It's not a standard we use in society.
To be fair, we sorta DO sometimes, depending on context and how vile the interviewer/host is.

There’s lots of people who (repeatedly) show up on Jones‘ or Bannon’s show that catch flak for it, for instance.

And the lady who was on Maury Povitch’s show 4+ times to figure out the paternity of her kid did NOT do her reputation any favors.

This isn‘t new to us, either. Goes back thousands of years.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
All three of the interviewers are loud and proud bigots.

Yeah. I can't say you don't have a right to judge the man as you choose, other than to note that saints are hard to find these days.

(other than saying Pundit is not the ghost of Lovecraft or David Duke level, which he isn't).

And that is an incredibly low bar for being a decent human being. Maybe we should raise the expectations a tad, hm?

You folks seem to have each set standards the other isn't going to find acceptable. So, from the outside, it doesn't look like either of you are going to budge. Please ask yourselves if you really want to do this dance before you continue. Thanks.

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
Pundit has said plenty of wrong things and I find him deeply annoying and I tell him fairly often that he is full of...poop. But he's not David Duke or H.P. Lovecraft's ghost. He's schtick. A really annoying schtick.
At some point, you have to accept that the schtick is him. And if it’s not him, but he keeps sticking to it, he‘d rather be known for it than being himself. Either way, it’s pretty damning.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
At some point, you have to accept that the schtick is him. And if it’s not him, but he keeps sticking to it, he‘d rather be known for it than being himself. Either way, it’s pretty damning.

The Rule of Goats applies.

I really need to find a formulation of that which is really snappy, but printable on these forums. I'll go with the LA Times version - If you kiss a goat, even if you are doing it ironically or to cheese off people you think are too sensitive, you're still a goat-kisser. Being insincere in your goat-kissing does not make it a virtue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads