TSR Giantlands

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sacrosanct

Legend
At some point, you have to accept that the schtick is him. And if it’s not him, but he keeps sticking to it, he‘d rather be known for it than being himself. Either way, it’s pretty damning.
Not only that, but he keeps welcoming people into his home who are avowed racists, right wing extremists who have espoused support for violence against people of different ideologies, and other people who if you keep inviting into your home, people are gonna assume you agree with them. Not to mention his own awful stuff he's said over the years.

So no, I don't think any self respecting person would do an interview with them, whether it's an act or not. Alex Jones said it was all an act in his court appearance, but no reasonable person would do an interview with him.

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/her)
Pundit has said plenty of wrong things and I find him deeply annoying and I tell him fairly often that he is full of...poop. But he's not David Duke or H.P. Lovecraft's ghost.
I remember the things these three men said about people like me when the PHB's gender inclusiveness dropped.

I did not choose these examples lightly, and I stand by them.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
People are certainly complex, and perfectly allowed to be so. That said, "not associating with rabid bigots" seems like an incredibly low bar for decency, and yet...
There’s an internationally known architect who is one of the tenured prof at a university in the southern USA. He has done a lot of work in underserved- read, predominately black- communities near his school with his students as part of their education.

But he has been pressed on his friendships with known racists. They are not just some random guys- this is where he was raised and still lives; these are literally his lifelong friends. He knows them for what they are, but the friendships continue.

While these facts pain me, I imagine for him, dropping these people from his social circle- or more accurately, removing himself from theirs- would be as difficult as distancing one’s self from family. It might be virtuous to do so, but not every person has that kind of strength within them.

Mannahnin

Scion of Murgen (He/Him)
Can we please stop pretending that
(a): Jim Ward joined RPG Pundit and his merry band of bigots without knowing a single thing about them and their reputation, and
This actually seems quite plausible. No pretending required. He's an old guy not involved in gaming social media. And if we didn't all know that he's out of touch with the modern scene before he posited GiantLands as the first fantasy post-apocalypse game, we do now.

(b): That Ward likely doesn't align with them, politically?
Unfortunately you may well be right on this one, especially if he smiled and nodded through the whole thing, as I am informed he did (haven't given them the click).

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads