D&D 5E GMs of EN World: What player behavior annoys you the most?

Wiseblood

Adventurer
I got sidetracked by the thread and forgot my actual grievance. Which is players that look for the npc bailout in the form of more powerful NPCs.

It might be okay if you are in a tight spot. I am talking about before they have bothered to gather actual intel of any sort. Before encountering any danger. Do something adventurous, heroic or stupid I don't care.

All too often they behave like hapless NPCs. "Oh dear, children have disappeared from the village".(looks at character sheet) "We must make haste to the tavern before that band of heroes moves on."

Valetudo

Adventurer
I got sidetracked by the thread and forgot my actual grievance. Which is players that look for the npc bailout in the form of more powerful NPCs.

It might be okay if you are in a tight spot. I am talking about before they have bothered to gather actual intel of any sort. Before encountering any danger. Do something adventurous, heroic or stupid I don't care.

All too often they behave like hapless NPCs. "Oh dear, children have disappeared from the village".(looks at character sheet) "We must make haste to the tavern before that band of heroes moves on."
Is your groups name "The other guys"?

Shasarak

Banned
Banned
* - reality check: most non-casters in a medieval society, or those without a background or profession that forces literacy (e.g. scribe, author, high nobility, etc.) would normally be illiterate, and our games follow this.

Lanefan

I dont know man reading is so easy that even children can do it.

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
I dont know man reading is so easy that even children can do it.
Sure, it's that way now...but not so much in medieval times or even into the early Renaissance. Most common people didn't have access to written materials, nor to teachers...and the Church of the day wasn't exactly eager to spread literacy to the masses.

Just remembered another pet peeve of mine which is actually one the game is entirely based around.

I get incredibly annoyed by players that use the game mat to line up their AOE spells like laser guided munitions to hit as many enemies as possible while just barely skirting around fellow players. First it is unrealistic in that a wizard is not seeing the battle from the right angle to do this and second it often results in a player spending an entire minute perfectly placing his fireball or icestorm.

Shasarak

Banned
Banned
Sure, it's that way now...but not so much in medieval times or even into the early Renaissance. Most common people didn't have access to written materials, nor to teachers...and the Church of the day wasn't exactly eager to spread literacy to the masses.

I guess that would be a problem if you wanted your character to read Latin.

Oofta

Legend
Just remembered another pet peeve of mine which is actually one the game is entirely based around.

I get incredibly annoyed by players that use the game mat to line up their AOE spells like laser guided munitions to hit as many enemies as possible while just barely skirting around fellow players. First it is unrealistic in that a wizard is not seeing the battle from the right angle to do this and second it often results in a player spending an entire minute perfectly placing his fireball or icestorm.

Only a minute? :D

robus

Lowcountry Low Roller
Supporter

Sounds like a call for a skill check to me... DC 20 at least! ;)

Lanefan

Victoria Rules

If they're fine-tuning it that closely I'd absolutely make them roll for aiming...oh wait, I already do that. :)

Remove ads