• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

GM's: what was your first module?

Mythmere1

First Post
heirodule said:
B1. In search of the unknowm

I had a trouble distinguishing 'halflings' from 'hirelings'

I also put a hydra and a purple worm in one of the rooms, because the suggested monsters seemed dull.

I put a black dragon in a 10x10 room! We are blood brothers...

Gnarlo

Gnome Lover
Supporter
Another B1 greybeard here. Used it to introduce at least 3 different groups to the game before Sunless Citadel came along :)

painandgreed

First Post
Although we used mostly homebrew stuff*, I'm sure the first one I played and DMed would be B2.

*Which consited of wandering around in the wilderness, sometimes being told by an elf or yellow ribbon that we were at the maps edge and to go back, until we fell into a pit that was the start of the dungeon.

BWP

Explorer
cildarith said:
[nitpick]The Halls of Tizun Thane introduced the nandie, its big brother, the nandie-bear, and the brain-eating guan d'eeko (sp?). These did not appear in the Fiend Folio.[/nitpick].

What exactly are you nitpicking? I didn't say that all the creatures in the module appeared in Fiend Folio. The creatures you cite didn't, but the carbuncle and necrophidius, at least, did. (I think there may have been one or two others, as well.)

cildarith

Explorer
BWP said:
What exactly are you nitpicking? I didn't say that all the creatures in the module appeared in Fiend Folio. The creatures you cite didn't, but the carbuncle and necrophidius, at least, did. (I think there may have been one or two others, as well.)

Well, the carbuncle and necrophidius (as well as the berbalang and bloodhawk) were all introduced in previous issues of White Dwarf, not issue #18 which included The Halls of Tizun Thane.

These creatures made their first appearance as follows:
Berbalang: White Dwarf #11
Bloodhawks: White Dwarf #2
Carbuncle: White Dwarf #8
Necrophidius: White Dwarf #7
:)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads