• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Goblins in the Cellar (Bront judging)

JRYoung

First Post
Velmont said:
I am not sure if I needed to make the Fortitude roll, but I made it in case. If the smoke didn't reach the first floor, Benedict will take his breath to not choke at the smoke.

"Go" Nathanziel responds to Benedict, "I'll cover the 1st level".

OOC: Smoke swirls down through the lift shaft, but only in small amounts, Benedict is unaffected. He reacts quickly and reaches Level 3 by the end of round #2.

JRYoung

First Post
Wik said:
Jezira's Spot Check; Initiative (1d20+3=17, 1d20=4)
Fort Save (1d20+5=19)

Alert, Jezira already has her halberd in her hands when she hears the sound, and she barely coughs in the thick smoke. She'll move to the window to take a look outside, keeping on the ready.

[sblock=JEZIRA]
At the top of the Initiative order during round #2, as visibility returns, you think you see an airship outside the tower at least 100 feet away. You only see it because there is a lantern lit on deck. At this point you see nothing in the "window" of Thellick's tower (which has been completely blown open), no sign that anyone was there trying to open it physically. You begin to suspect it was blown open by a ranged attack.
[/sblock]

JRYoung

First Post
Round #1: An explosion rocks the tower.

Round #2 will start as soon as we get Braiden's post. In Mellub's game there is someone else taking over, there seems to be no post from him in a month. We'll give him another day or so then roll forward.

Last edited:

Redclaw

First Post
Yeah, I'm in Mellub's game, and I wouldn't expect to hear from him. It's too bad, and it's probably going to make this a bit tougher.

JRYoung

First Post
The "window" on Level #3 has been blown completely open, it is 10 feet wide by 5 feet tall. Various boxes and what-not in front of the window have been blown out of the way.

Round #2:

(Init 19) Balnibar continues to recover from the smoke and flash of the explosion.

(Init 18) Justice steps to F7 and readies an attack.

(Init 15) Benedict is on his way up on the lift, by the time round #2 ends he will be up on Level #3 with the others and the entire floor area will be accessable by everyone.

(Init 6) A Goblin pilots a skycoach (a large open "rowboat") up to the window and the passengers enter the tower. Faces covered with bandanas, the eyes of the two Goblins and two Bugbears on board display frustration upon seeing you four still standing. An order is issued from the pilot (G1), the others advance but keep some distance from Justice. Goblin G2 steps up onto the reading platform (only 2 feet high) and takes cover behind the large chair.

(Init 4) Jezira is up.

Attachments

• SP32-776.jpg
    SP32-776.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:

Redclaw

First Post
Justice steps forward to guard the window, not wanting any more combatants to enter the tower. His cold eyes meet those of the bugbear, and he speaks with little emotion, "You do not have the permission of the owner to be in this residence. Therefore, you will be removed." To show the seriousness of his words, he brings his longsword around in a brutal strike at the creature.

[sblock=ooc] 5' step to E8, attack B1, (1d20+5)=14, add an action point, 3 for a total attack of 17, for (1d8+2)=3damage. And that, dear friends, is why we roll damage after the action point. :( [/sblock]

Remove ads