• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Goblins in the Cellar (Bront judging)

JRYoung

First Post
[sblock=Jezira and Benedict]
Jezira and Benedict are confident that Thellick is being truthful, you find him to be trustworthy.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Justice and Balnibar]
Justice and Balnibar are having trouble assessing Thellick one way or another, but to this point you have no reason to doubt his trustworthyness.
[/sblock]

Down on level one there is a knock, Nathanziel goes to answer. He returns with Inspector Giovianne. "Ahhhh, Gooda Evening toa you alla!" He gives a deep bow to Councilman Thellick. "I havea founda some informationa. Thesea Goblinsa, the Cursa, are a minora street Ganga affiliated with the Daask crimea syndicate. Alonea they are noa threat, buta they are wella connecteda. The Watcha will posta two guardsmana outsidea all nighta, anda entry pointsa throughouta the Warda are ona alearta."

"Havea you madea arrangements fora additionala security Councilmana?"

"Yes"
, responds Thellick, "these five adventurers have agreeded to secure the tower tonight."

"Excellenta, they seema very capablea."

Redclaw

First Post
Justice doesn't react to the complement. He continues to stand at the ready. How can we best protect you home, Councilman? You know its entrances and secrets better than we can hope to learn them in the next few hours, so it would be best if you suggest our deployment.

JRYoung

First Post
Giovianne takes his leave. Thellick turns to you all with a gameplan: "the most valuable items are here on this level, I want you all here. Nathanziel and I will guard the entry level. Up above is a third level, there is not much of value other than my telescope, it is expendable. Levels two and three both have sturdy windows, but they are warded. Do not touch them, even from the inside, and stay back from them should they be triggered from the outside. And, of course, level three has an access port to the roof, that too is warded. It will take either great skill or great force to gain entry to this tower, but stay on your guard regardless."

"Are there any questions?"

OOC: I'll be posting a map of all three levels shortly.

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
Balnibar grins at the possibilities. "The windows are warded by touch, yes? How do attacks from the outside and attacks from the inside differ in how the windows operate?"

Velmont

First Post
Benedict looks at each doors, stairs and windows, to make sure to know all the access He then start to think of teh best way to position everyone.

"I suggest we place everyone in position so we can see any coming attack without being in a vulnerable position. We must consider they know a way to break any ward."

JRYoung

First Post
You make a thorough inspection of the tower...

OOC: We'll have to make a correction here, I was going from memory. The second level is windowless and therefore is quite secure. The fireplace might be an entry point, but someone would have to deal with the heat and the small entry point on the roof (3 inches in diameter) or blow it open. The "window" on the third level has no glass at all, it is really a solid wood door of sorts labelled "emergency exit". The hatch to the roof is stone reinforced.

Thellick responds to Balnibar's question: "The wards are a common arcane fire abjuration. Opening these doors from either side will trigger the ward, unless you say the password: 'I see true north'. It is best not to forget those words."

"With the most likely points of entry being the third level you might want to consider waiting there, however the valuable goods are on level two."

Attachments

• Thellick's tower.JPG
    Thellick's tower.JPG
    61.8 KB · Views: 181

Redclaw

First Post
Justice doesn't even pause to consider the wisdom of the proposed plan, he agrees immediately, seeing their employer as the one with the most information and the right to guide their positioning. As you suggest, Councilman. We will wait on the third floor for intruders. Is there a way we might know if someone bypasses us and gets to the second floor?

JRYoung

First Post
Redclaw said:
Is there a way we might know if someone bypasses us and gets to the second floor?

"The fire ward is quite loud, you will hear that if it goes off. There is another ward I will put in place, a simple Alarm spell. Lastly we can just leave the lift down, you will be able to see most of the second level at all times through the opening. Calling the lift up is easy: from the edge of the opening say 'lift up three'. Similar commands take you where you want to go. Like 'lift down one' will take you back to level one from any other level."

Remove ads