• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Goblins in the Cellar (Bront judging)

JRYoung

First Post
Redclaw said:
Diplomacy (1d20+4)=19
Action point 1d6=5 for a total of 24.

OOC: Well done. You may all post Sense Motive checks to assess Thellick's reaction, this will be one roll for the entire encounter (per character) since there is no need to disect specific sections of the exchange that is about to occur.

OOC: and don't forget about the note ;)

Redclaw

First Post
Justice has no reason to doubt the councilman's honesty, and thus gamely hands over the note and stands, awaiting instructions.
[sblock=ooc] sense motive (1d20+3)=8
the trend continues. :) [/sblock]

JRYoung

First Post
Thellick reads the note carefully with little emotion revealed until he is finished. "Very interesting indeed. If we are to take this as legitimate then it seems clearly to be a contract to hire lookouts for some kind of event here at my establishment tonight. The endorsement of the Watch is good enough for me, no doubt Inspector Giovianne has been looking into some of these details all afternoon."

"What I find very interesting is the employeer's signature, the 'Master Maker'. It is the kind of alias an Artificier would use, without a doubt."

"Now, about security, my normal wards will simply not do for a potential risk this high. What about you five, is there any chance you would be available to hire on as guards for the night? One night of guard duty would not pay much, but I would give a substantial bonus should any hazards occur. Let's say 5 gold per person standard pay, with the bouns of a potion or two scrolls (or just the cash equivalent) per person if foul play does really occur?"

OOC: sense motive results to be posted later...

JRYoung

First Post
Wik said:
Jezira merely nods, watching Thellick subtly. "I can hire on... it is, after all, what my house does. However, five gold is substantially below cost for a Deneith Blademark. But, I'll take it." She smiles with only her mouth, her eyes still watching the human.

"I would never live it down if word got out that I underpaid qualified professionals. Would 10 gold for a night of guard duty be more suitable m'lady?" Thellick responds sincerely.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads