• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gods in Wizards???

Kathryn_aka_Kat

First Post
Ooooh, this is fun...

56. Slinky evening gowns are considered everyday wear for female adventurers.

57. People find it hard to be sympathetic to the plight of a character whose self or friend has just died... for the tenth time.

58. The more dramatic and loudly self-proclaimed high-level the evil villain, the more he/she will be ignored.

59. The more dramatic and loudly self-proclaimed high-level the good guy, the more he/she will be ignored *or* ridiculed.

60. The more people a spell is supposed to affect, the more likely it is to be ignored. E.g., sending a zap to one person does more damage and gets you more response than setting off a nuclear blast in the tavern.

61. If someone talks to you once, they're now required to interact with you in whatever way you wish for the rest of their lives. (Nope.)

62. The fountain in the Emporium is: (A) a few inches of water in a stone basin, (B) a large stone structure capable of 3 people climbing on it at once with a couple of feet of water at the bottom, (C) a pond-size body of water that people can dive into and swim around easily in, (D) whatever you want it to be.

J

Jardel_Karabella

Kathryn_aka_Kat said:
58. The more dramatic and loudly self-proclaimed high-level the evil villain, the more he/she will be ignored.

59. The more dramatic and loudly self-proclaimed high-level the good guy, the more he/she will be ignored *or* ridiculed.
Err... arean't these good things? ;)

B

Bhryn Astairre

:: pokes Jardy :: hush down in front!

Hey. If it's alright with those gathered here with the funnies, I'll just make "The Rules of Character Engagement" then? It'll be put one a seperate thread so we don't over clutter poor Pan's thread!

:: hustles people's work across ::

Move it, Move it...

W

WizO_Pounamu

*chuckles* Thanks Bhryn, I was starting to lose sight of the god topic!

Gods... here's one cross-topic, funny and relevant:

The number of gods of any one thing is directly proportional to the number of players that think it's the coolest. Therefore it is no twist of the pantheon to have 6 Lords of the Abyss, 5 gods of evil and/or destruction, 4 gods of healing, and 2 gods of love.
And at some point, half of their avatars will have had drinks together and may owe each other a friendly round.

-
pouicon.txt
Pounamu :angel:

G

Gene_Kynes

Let's try and get this train back on the rails...er...please?

Woah. I thought I'd get in trouble for being so bitter. Heh. As a note, Bhyrn...erm...I'm not a very good barrier, if there's no bricks around. Plus that entire "sissy" problem.

And I'll have to agree with Pounamu's comment...*grins*! ...but are there really 6 Abyssal Gods? I mean...what 'bout the only real primordial evil, Cthulhu?

Alright, I'll admit. I'm not sure how to get the topic back on track. I am but one man.

I think the topic was last on ISRP fads..and dieties, no?

He-who-hath-awakened-at-one-o'clock,

-Dante

PandoraNight

First Post
Much thanks and a few comments

Bhyrn> Thank you for starting to get it back on track. While the list is interesting it's shying away from what i wanted in this thread.

Also there are a few things there that i'd kinda like to make a disclaimer about. While all of the things said are true in many cases it should be said that not all things are like that. Unfortunately the negatives do seem to over shadow the good stuff that is happening.

Truely I think nothing more can besaid on this thread. I never expected it to create such a mass of posts and i'm happy that it did. there has been a wide variety of opinions and suggests given. My thought for this thread....close it off perhaps after everyone has had their last say and take that now amazing growing list and start a new thread, to see hwo far it can truely go.

That is my two cents for the day or at least for now.

Bri(Pandora)

Andion Isurand

First Post
63. Like in Batman and most comics, most villans can't be killed, but all their plots must ultimately end in failure.

64. Dwarven and orcish faces have an innate gravity that attracts weapons and attacks to strike and scar them... while all elven and female human faces have the supernatural ability to repel such forms of harm.

65. What are jeans, t-shirts, muscle shirts and sunglasses? Also, my character is interested in the Faerûnian marketability of this new material called denim.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads