D&D 5E Godzilla is coming to Magic the Gathering, will he be stomping on Waterdeep next?

I saw on Bleeding Cool (Godzilla, King Of The Monsters Comes To "Magic: The Gathering") that there will be some Godzilla (and other Toho monsters) cards coming to Ikoria: Lair of Behemoths as part of the same deal giving us Godzilla Monopoly and Godzilla Jenga.

I doubt we would see the Big Guy in D&D directly or even indirectly through a Ravinca-style book for Ikoria, but it looks like Godzilla's card will be a special version of "Zilortha, Strength Incarnate", so potentially there could be a thinly-veiled version if Zilortha gets a stat block in a D&D Ikoria book.

Stormonu

Legend
No need to wait for magic cards to have Godzilla and kin in your D&D campaign. The tarrasque is Godzilla without his breath weapon and other Kiaju have had stats as far back as 2E (I used battra in a home campaign once, and there’s the whole “Isle of the Ape” for using Kong...)

Heck, take a look at X1 and tell me that’s not some form of Godzilla.

<EDIT> Funnily enough, back in the late 80’s/early 90’s, I ran a Con game with the Tarrasque stomping about Waterdeep’s harbor. Godzilla indeed!

No need to wait for magic cards to have Godzilla and kin in your D&D campaign. The tarrasque is Godzilla without his breath weapon and other Kiaju have had stats as far back as 2E (I used battra in a home campaign once, and there’s the whole “Isle of the Ape” for using Kong...)

<EDIT> Funnily enough, back in the late 80’s/early 90’s, I ran a Con game with the Tarrasque stomping about Waterdeep’s harbor. Godzilla indeed!

For me, it is more amusement that Toho would authorize Magic or D&D stats for its monsters. They have been very protective of their IP the last couple of decades.

Since the cards will be tournament legal and Godzilla played a big part in the video for Ikoria (Godzilla Joins Magic: The Gathering in Kalju-Themed Set) maybe I am underestimating the odds of official Godzilla stats. Speaking of that video, I hope those arrows that create spectral monsters show up in D&D.

gyor

Legend

The Tarrasque makes Godzilla look like someones pet Lizard in comparison. If the Tarrasque got unleashed on Tokyo, there would need to build a new Japan from the wreckage.

Shiroiken

Legend

The Isle of the Ape from 1E literally has King Kong in it (under a different name).

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
The Tarrasque makes Godzilla look like someones pet Lizard in comparison. If the Tarrasque got unleashed on Tokyo, there would need to build a new Japan from the wreckage.
Pretty sure that Godzilla would look at the Tarrasque and say "Get lost midget" before kicking him out of Japan. Even the earliest version of Godzilla is 3 times the size of the tarrasque.

I was planning on using a couple of kaiju in my current campaign (on hold).

I have used giant a giant space monster in a Star Wars D6 game, using starship rules.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases