Gomez's Masks of Nyarlathotep Evidence Thread

Gomez

First Post
Chapter Two: London

People encountered:
-Mickey Mahoney, owner/editor of The Scoop tabloid.
-Edward Gavigan, director of the Penhew Foundation.
-Inspector James Barrington, Scotland Yard.

Stories in The Scoop that Jackson Elias was interested in.

EGYPTIAN MURDERS CONTINUE!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scoop Offers Reward!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AN EGYPTIAN MAN IN HIS EARLY 30s was found dead in the railyard behind King's Cross Station this past Thursday, the 13th victim in a series of bizarre slayings.
Though Inspector James Barrington of the Yard had no immediate comment, sources exclusive to The Scoop agreed that the victim had last been seen at a Soho nightspot, the Blue Pyramid. The victim reportedly had been drinking heavily before leaving sometime after midnight. Sources also stated that the victim had been employed as a dockworker.

The Metropolitan police are reported to be pursuing several promising leads in the Egyptian community in our great city.

Readers of The Scoop are reminded that this esteemed journal has a standing reward for information leading to the apprehension and conviction of the perpetrators, in an amount now risen to £22 with the latest death. Be on guard!

- THE SCOOP, Nov. 24, 1924

DEADLY HYDE-AND-SEEK!

Scoop Offers Reward!

THE BODY OF AN UNIDENTIFIED FOREIGNER was found in Hyde Park this past Tuesday, the 14th victim in a series of bizarre slayings. The body was discovered less than fifty yards from Speaker's Corner , concealed beneath a gazebo.
Though Inspector James Barrington of the Yard had no immediate comment, sources exclusive to The Scoop agreed that the victim had been beaten severely by one or more assailants and then stabbed through the heart.

This series of murders has continued over the space of three years, to the bafflement of our faithful Metropolitans. Must we hope that Mr. Sherlock Holmes, though reported by Mr. Doyle to be in retirement, will one last time rise to the defense of our majestic isles?

Readers of The Scoop are reminded that this esteemed journal has a standing reward for information leading to the apprehension and conviction of the perpetrators, in an amount now risen to £24 with the latest death. Be on guard!

- THE SCOOP, Feb. 2, 1925

"IT ALMOST HAD ME!"

A Personal Account, by Alan Groot, Victim

I was walking home from work one evening, minding my own business, when I very nearly lost my life!
I've seen some pretty queer things in my time. I work in a museum as a guard, and some of the things that they uncrate from those heathen countries are enough to give you nightmares, but nothing like this.

I was walking along Earl Street, near Seven Dials, when I felt this strange sensation come over me. It was like turning suddenly, knowing something was there, only to find nothing - a nothing possessing hideous life! The dank water smell of the cloying fog was replaced by a foul scent of smouldering hair which somehow reached out and filled my lungs, driving itself deep into my body. I began to choke. It meant to kill me. I cannot describe the terrible feeling of invasion by those foggy tendrils. And still I could see nothing!

I must have passed out, because the next thing I remember a bobby was standing over me asking if I was all right. Somehow I made my way home through the fog, which now seemed to possess a life of its own.

The next day I quit my job at the museum and went back to Glasgow. You can keep your London fogs!

- THE SCOOP, Oct. 8, 1923

Gomez

First Post
Items found in a hidden drawer in Mr. Tewfik Al-Sayid's roll up desk in his living room above his Spice Shop in Soho.

Two sandstone vials with caps, a folded silk robe, a black inverted ankh on a metal chain, a crumbling papyrus scroll, a black skullcap embroidered with inverted ankhs, and a pair of scepters made out of black metal. One scepter has a crook at one end and the other an inverted ankh.

Remove ads