Goodman Games' Next Reincarnation Is Expedition To The Barrier Peaks

Following on from Into the Borderlands and The Isle of Dread, Goodman Games is next bringing 1980's sci-fantasy adventure Expedition to the Barrier Peaks to D&D 5th Edition.

Following on from Into the Borderlands and The Isle of Dread, Goodman Games is next bringing 1980's sci-fantasy adventure Expedition to the Barrier Peaks to D&D 5th Edition.

OAR-3-mockup.jpg

Announced at Gary Con this weekend, Expedition is due out in September. Like the others in the Original Adventures Reincarnated series, it contains the original module, handouts, and an updated 5E version.

The adventure features a crashed spaceship, robots, ray guns, and plant people.

You can find out more directly from GG's website here.

I have it, but haven't run it. I don't know how challenging it would be for a 10th level party - I was honestly thinking of starting at 8th. 5th ed. PCs are quite durable.

Also, some of the new content is potentially a lot of fun.

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
I have all the Reincarnated books from Goodman Games. For me they are more collectables to enjoy reading and paging through. The more recent ones tend to have less content on the history side of things, mostly because their were fewer reprints and revisions to compare.

As for running, I find that the 5e conversions and added content are quite good, but like @Savage Wombat , I would likely have the party start with lower-level characters. My players are very experienced and strategic players and 5e characters are very durable.

Of all the reincarnated adventures, however, Barrier Peaks is the once I'm most likely to run. I find it easy to drop into a 5e campaign. But it would hold little mystery for my current group of Grognards. It would be much more fun to run for my sons who would not know what to expect and it would be fun to see the slow dawn of realization on their faces as it becomes apparent they are in a ....well, no spoilers.

Remove ads

Remove ads