D&D General Goodman Games To Reincarnate Jennell Jaquays' Caverns of Thracia

Game designer Jennell Jaquays has announced that Goodman Games will be reviving her 1979 Caverns of Thracia adventure for D&D 5E and its own DCC RPG. The Greek-themed adventure is set in a detailed dungeon, and was originally published by Judges Guild. After over two years of biting my tongue and ignoring friends' questions, I can finally share this news. In addition to owning Dark Tower...

Game designer Jennell Jaquays has announced that Goodman Games will be reviving her 1979 Caverns of Thracia adventure for D&D 5E and its own DCC RPG. The Greek-themed adventure is set in a detailed dungeon, and was originally published by Judges Guild.

EE19ED9E-655D-4119-B2C8-17A547AB26BA.jpeg

After over two years of biting my tongue and ignoring friends' questions, I can finally share this news.

In addition to owning Dark Tower, the game adventure that I created 43 years ago for Judges Guild; Goodman Games also owns The Caverns of Thracia... which some fans consider to be the better of my two Judges Guild mega-dungeon/campaign adventures.

It will eventually be getting the same treatment as Dark Tower as a Goodman Games Original Adventures Reincarnated product

Dark Tower, another of Jaquays' Judges Guild modules, is currently on Kickstarter with three weeks to go.

Everyone else is worried, I’m interested in how they think they can do this without signing OGL? Maybe they’ll keep publishing under the original OGL and see if Wizards tries to stop them legally!

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Everyone else is worried, I’m interested in how they think they can do this without signing OGL? Maybe they’ll keep publishing under the original OGL and see if Wizards tries to stop them legally!
Why do you think they aren't signing...? I'm not worried either way, they sign or they don't. Looks like they have a deal, though.

OTHG

Explorer
Interestingly, there was no OGL back when Jennell wrote CoT and DT, yet they were published. I sort of recall a lawsuit back in the day that TSR lost regarding modules, although not Jennel's specifically. TSR attempted to assert that the mechanics were uniquely theirs. It was rejected by the court as I recall -- yeah, I am that old.

Remove ads

Remove ads