D&D 5E Goodman Games What's coming down the Pike for 5e.

darjr

I crit!

Screen Shot 2021-11-10 at 8.34.32 PM.png

This is a dump of notes I made while watching it. Apologies for the raw nature of it. Also a dump of some screen captures.

Chris hosting

Project Stomp 7 authors, large project, about giants.

Moderator said “You heard nothing” to a comment about OAR? In another video they also hinted that Stomp wasn't an OAR.... so I'm not sure which.

Matt, Art Directory and artist.
Started with Goodman with Purple Planet KS videos.
OAR six was his most challenging book. Production (gatefolds) and art and slipcase etc. Also most rewarding.
Chris working on things destined for 2024, secrets!
Picked Star Wars and loved Gamma World and plays OSR and new stuff. Mixx up games all the time.
Brad McDevit(sp) does great anti paladins
Mummy Dragon
Dungeon Denizens
18 authors
3 editors
Taking their time
500 monsters
Color art
Token packs from the art.
All art in traditional media
Originals can be made for sale.
Never attempted a book like this before.
Not final yet, art, layout, or maybe even stats.
Next year will be more information.

Joe Russo, 5e writer, survivor of 2021 5e call for writers.
Started with AD&D PHB but first game was Moldvay Basic.
Favorite old school adventure. Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh
Realjob, engineering consulting firm. Trying to do RPG design full time! Cool! Congrats Joe!
Star Wars Fan.
Star Trek Fan.
Wrote lost level of Crypt of the Devil Lich.
Joe piched in when Goodman Games was in a bit of a pickle when their kickstarter had done TOO WELL and they needed new content.
They talked about what he wrote. 15th level. What does she do with the remains and left over waist radiant debris from the good characters. She collected other artifacts and hoarded them.
Dungeon Denizens, cover is Erol Otus take on the original monster manual.
Some monsters based off of his artwork. Green Guy with multiple eyes is the ocular worm.
One he made was a Demon Lord, Joes favorite. He likes the “big beefy” monsters. He wanted to put a spin that would surprise the players, Laurallich(sp?) It had a ton of moving pieces.
Demon lords stat blocks can be complicated.
Blood-tree Troll, from predator, what if it was a troll and move through the branches like predator.
They like how he takes a normal monster and puts a unique spin on it.
Joes goal is to put neat stuff in but make it good to run at the table. Help the DM.

Screen Shot 2021-11-10 at 8.52.24 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-11-10 at 8.57.18 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-11-10 at 8.57.04 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-11-10 at 8.56.06 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-11-10 at 8.55.29 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-11-10 at 8.52.55 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-11-10 at 9.14.46 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-11-10 at 9.20.08 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-11-10 at 9.26.03 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-11-10 at 9.00.57 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-11-10 at 8.58.52 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-11-10 at 8.58.28 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-11-10 at 8.11.46 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-11-10 at 8.11.14 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-11-10 at 8.10.16 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-11-10 at 8.50.20 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-11-10 at 8.50.20 PM.png
    392.4 KB · Views: 155
Last edited:

darjr

I crit!
This other video had some commentary about 5e stuff they are working on too.

5e Goodman Games

Mid next year OAR.

5th edition fantasy line, more to come

Dungeon Denizens, 500+ monsters.

Crypt of the Devil Lich.

Dungeon Denizens, 10 artists, monsters done, waiting for a bit of editing and art.

Free RPG day Dark Tower adventure they decided to do at GenCon last year and put it together fairly fast. If you did not get one it will be available for sale soon, but limited! So keep an hour out.

Dark Tower has dominated most of the design time, writing done, play testing is in the process, DCC is getting written, next year, maybe?

FEF 19 and 20 5e Fantasy, are done and written one is play tested, covers done.

Rule of Three and Crucible, fully written and partially play tested, small projects.

Project Stomp! Module all about Giants. Large project! 7 authors working on it and almost done with their first drafts. Coming along very well.

Oh… pun city.

Wait, didn’t announce the OAR module?! So Stomp isn’t it? Woah!

darjr

I crit!
Next episode airs tonight at 5pm EST, 4pm Central.

9AF1E270-75F7-4745-8459-A6092EBD493B.jpeg

eyeheartawk

#1 Enworld Jerk™
I like the OAR books and Dungeon Denizens looks promising.

Though, as a DCC RPG guy, their other 5E output seems, idk, kinda milquetoast?

I was hoping for some gonzo DCC style stuff, just ported to 5e but instead it's just generic adventure module #4587.

This is the one part of the Goodman Games product line, that isn't just an automatic buy for me, and that's a shame.

darjr

I crit!

I was hoping for some gonzo DCC style stuff, just ported to 5e but instead it's just generic adventure module #4587.

This is the one part of the Goodman Games product line, that isn't just an automatic buy for me, and that's a shame.
Completely agree. I was really hoping the 5e adventures were as gonzo or wild or weird. Here’s hoping.

I will say that porting them isn’t hard.

overgeeked

B/X Known World

Different styles for different crowds. Not to put too fine a point on it, but if players wanted gonzo dangerous crawls, they wouldn't be playing 5E. Other games and other lines of products handle that way better than 5E.

Remove ads