• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[GP] A Game of Politics

Rhialto

First Post
Deacon Fevre's eyes switch to his cousin. "I think that is a position for our chairwoman." His fingers idly tap against the wall. "As for my gambling habits, Mr. Quinn, for we poor mortals, deprived of the omniscience of Orr, all life is a gamble, I'm afraid."

Last edited:

Lord_Raven88

First Post
Looking around at the assembled group "Then it is agreed that we will offer to meet Lukar in the public arena, there his treachery will be made manifest to all"

This isn't turning exactly how I hoped, but if there truely are Kalurian agents at work here, I know they accept these negotiations without putting up a fight

Ranger Rick

First Post
Quinn looks at the deacon, "I believe that is our fundamental difference. Life is a cherishable gift from the gods not a gamble."

OOC: I will be offline from tonight till monday. Please use Quinn as you see fit. Rhialto, please use my PC to argue with as the game progresses on the weekend.

Nephtys

First Post
"I thank you for your continued confidence." Alessa smiles at her cousin. "Let me also make a suggestion for an answering letter,"

"
Dear Gentlemen,

I am pleased to inform you that the Committe has arrived at a united stance redarding the current situation. Sadly, we must refuse your offer for closed negotiations. We feel that our talks should be conducted before the eyes of the public, at the location previously used, so that history can accurately judge our words and actions.
We welcome a release of hostages and the surrender of your followers into our custody. Yet we would prefer that any women and children held hostage be released before the soldiers are, so that those most innocent shall suffer the least.

Alessa Siladre, Chairwoman of the Committe
"

ooc: Does the last sentence work gramatically? Its intended to be a bit convoluted, like most diplo-speak, but I hope it's still readable. :uhoh:

Timothy

First Post
OOC: Since you allready agreed on the course of action through a vote, I'll take it ALessa's letter isn't changed before she sends it.

IC:

A messenger comes back soon after you send your own messenger. This is the message you receive. Written in a rough hand.

Perfect, perfect. I will meet you outside the barracks once more. e have not taken any women or children hostage, we are no monsters. One Soldier will be released.

Lukar.

Rhialto

First Post
"An excellent message. It manages to make our points in a manner that seems conciliatory." The Deacon smiles. "Let's see if he accepts our offers."

Ringmereth

First Post
Seguith takes the letter from the messenger, showing it to the chairwoman and the rest of the comittee. He examines the writing carefully, stares into nothingness for a moment and then sets it down upon the table, satisfied. "Exemplary. I believe our preparations are complete; nothing remains for us but to await this fateful meeting," he comments.

Rhialto

First Post
There business finished, Deacon Fevre turns to Quinn. "Regarding your earlier remarks on religion--if you ever wish to discuss theology with me, I would be pleased to have such a talk. Though I do have to ask, Quinn--have you left the faith of our fathers? For there is only one god, Orr, the All-Powerful." Anguis's eyebrow arches quizzacly at this last part. He shakes his head. "Ahh, well. 'Tis none of my business..."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads