[GR PR] Green Ronin to Publish a Song of Ice and Fire RPG

Pramas

Explorer
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

GREEN RONIN TO PUBLISH A SONG OF ICE AND FIRE RPG

Industry Leader to do RPG Adaptation of Best Selling Fantasy Series

April 24, 2007--SEATTLE, WA: Green Ronin Publishing has reached an agreement with New York Times bestselling author George R.R. Martin to license his fantasy epic A Song of Ice and Fire. Green Ronin will publish a roleplaying game in 2008 that will allow fans of the series to have their own exciting adventures in Westeros. Subsequent books will continue to explore the world and characters of A Song of Ice and Fire.

"A Song of Ice and Fire is the most exciting thing to happen in fantasy fiction in decades," said Green Ronin President Chris Pramas, "and we are thrilled to be able to bring it back to the gaming world."

"I've had a lot of interest in the role-playing rights to A Song of Ice and Fire since they became available once again," said George R.R. Martin. "There were days I felt like Scarlett O'Hara at the Twelve Oaks barbeque. In the end, though, the enthusiasm and professionalism of the folks at Green Ronin convinced me that was the place to go. I've seen the quality of the games that Green Ronin puts out, and the care that they put into them, and I'm eager to see what they do with the world of Westeros and A Song of Ice and Fire. I think my fans and readers will be pleased."

Green Ronin has already done successful RPG adaptations of fantasy classics like Thieves' World and the Black Company. "Creating a great RPG for A Song of Ice and Fire seemed like the perfect next step," added Pramas. "2008 is going to be a great year for fans of George R.R. Martin's work."

About George R.R. Martin

George R.R. Martin sold his first story in 1971 and has been writing professionally ever since. He has written fantasy, horror, and science fiction, and for his sins spent ten years in Hollywood as a writer/producer, working on Twilight Zone, Beauty and the Beast, and various feature films and television pilots that were never made. In the mid 90s he returned to prose, his first love, and began work on his epic fantasy series A Song of Ice and Fire. He has been in the Seven Kingdoms ever since. Whenever he's allowed to leave, he returns to Santa Fe, New Mexico, where he lives with the lovely Parris and two cats named Augustus and Caligula who think they run the place.

About Green Ronin Publishing

Green Ronin Publishing is a Seattle-based company known for its dedication to quality books and games. Founded in 2000, Green Ronin has won more awards for excellence and innovation than any other game company in the new millennium, and took home the coveted ENnie Award for Best Publisher an unprecedented three years running. With great licenses like Thieves' World and the Black Company, groundbreaking games like Mutants & Masterminds and Blue Rose, and a roster of top flight designers and illustrators, Green Ronin Publishing is a leading light in the hobby game industry.

Green Ronin Media Contact
Nicole Lindroos
nicole [at] greenronin.com

Zaukrie

New Publisher
WOW! I hope the new system is at least similar enough that it isn't too hard to learn. Probably a good idea not to base anything on the SRD these days....

Great books, I hope you can figure out how to make the game interesting to play in, and not feel like you aren't a part of THE STORY.

Alternate times in history? Good luck.

edit: i have no idea how the OGL works, so I'm sure my use of the "SRD" above is innacurate, but I'm sure you get my gist...

Last edited:

Kenson

First Post
Enforcer said:
New system as in totally new? Or new system as in not the one used by Guardians of Order? Is True 20 a possibility?
New as in the best system we can produce to capture the style and feel of the novels. Trust me, when we have details and previews to share, we won't be shy about sharing them. For right now, though, what we can tell you is in the press release.

Enforcer

Explorer
Kenson said:
New as in the best system we can produce to capture the style and feel of the novels. Trust me, when we have details and previews to share, we won't be shy about sharing them. For right now, though, what we can tell you is in the press release.
Yeah, like I'm gonna stop asking questions... :) How about: are you (Steve Kenson) the developer on this project? Gotta say I freaking love Mutants and Masterminds, and knowing you'll be crafting the rules would be very exciting.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases