Grade the Megaversal/Palladium System

How do you feel about the Megaversal/Palladium System?

• I love it.

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • It's pretty good.

Votes: 8 8.9%
  • It's alright I guess.

Votes: 13 14.4%
  • It's pretty bad.

Votes: 41 45.6%
  • I hate it.

Votes: 7 7.8%
  • I've never played it.

Votes: 18 20.0%
  • I've never even heard of it.

Votes: 2 2.2%

Solid "pretty bad" for me. The poll's about systems, not settings, and that is a bad system.

There must be some alternate timeline where Kevin's lawsuit over Primal Order killed WotC before they could print Magic. Palladium polls a lot better there, but that's because at least 50% of the RPGs you could use for comparison purposes don't exist in that world. Maybe 70%, depending on who (if anyone) salvaged the wreckage of TSR. Or maybe they somehow survived without the CCG boom to drive a few extra nails into the coffin, but that's still not going to produce the d20 OGL and it sure kills off the whole OSR movement. They Sue Regularly Inc. wouldn't go for any of that share the wealth/rising tide lifts all ships nonsense, no sir. :)

OTOH, White Wolf might survive too. No CCG boom and no money thrown in to their own CCGs to try to milk it. Maybe some bright spark approves a Storyteller OGL and alt-2024 is a Bizarro World where Hasbro owns a Corporate Hell version of White Wolf and there's a vibrant Old School World of Darkness community dominating the indie design scene. Absurdist speculation, but now I want someone to make faux OSWOD products from that reality. :)

Last edited:

Remove ads