D&D 5E Grand Master of Flowers: Speculation on James Wyatt's October Book

EzekielRaiden

Follower of the Way
Yeah, I believe Bahamut is a sea monster in Arabian mythology. I believe D&D is the first property to pick it up and use it as a Dragon God, and then Final Fantasy and other properties like Granblue picked it up from D&D that Bahamut is a Dragon God.
Land monster, actually. Three primordial beasts, emblematic of untamed nature and strength, one each for sky (Ziz), sea (Leviathan), and land (Behemoth).

Isn't the name also derived from the Behemoth of the Bible?
Behemoth and Bahamut spring from the same source, yes. Bahamut is just the later, Arabic version. I leveraged some of this in a 4e game I played, making a pseudo-tetragrammaton BHMT, "the name of might." (The actual etymology for the names is unclear, but may have referred to "strength" in a rather brute sense, and hence "dumb animals.")

Dire Bare

Legend
Given all that, I think it's likely this new MTG card is our first glimpse of a plot event / revelation due in an upcoming Salvatore book.
The next Driz'zt novel, maybe?
Starlight Enclave, the next Drizzt novel, drops August 3.

I just finished the previous novel, Relentless, which featured the current Grandmaster of Flowers, of the monastery of St. Sollars in Damara, as Grandmaster Kane. Perhaps an avatar of Bahamut becomes the next grandmaster, or perhaps he was a past grandmaster.

The novel blurb mentions Grandmaster Kane . . . so the Grandmaster of Flowers is definitely a part of the next Drizzt story!

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Starlight Enclave, the next Drizzt novel, drops August 3.

I just finished the previous novel, Relentless, which featured the current Grandmaster of Flowers, of the monastery of St. Sollars in Damara, as Grandmaster Kane. Perhaps an avatar of Bahamut becomes the next grandmaster, or perhaps he was a past grandmaster.
I would propose that maybe he is the first Grandmaster who started the whole scene. Reinventing martial arts in Dndlandia as a tradition passed on to mortals by Bahamut personally is actually hella cool, and Metal AF.

darjr

I crit!
I would propose that maybe he is the first Grandmaster who started the whole scene. Reinventing martial arts in Dndlandia as a tradition passed on to mortals by Bahamut personally is actually hella cool, and Metal AF.
But... I gotta fight em to level up....

Remove ads