• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Grant Move Action

svwilson

First Post
My character has reached Bard 2/Marshall 4, and with it the ability to Grant Move Action. (This allows me, on my turn, to interrupt the fight and give all my allies - but not myself - a move action, and then continue the fight.)

What is the best time to use such an ability? What's a good circumstance?

Most of our team are non-spellcasting combatants, but we have do have a druid too.

Any ideas?

Brain

First Post
svwilson said:
My character has reached Bard 2/Marshall 4, and with it the ability to Grant Move Action. (This allows me, on my turn, to interrupt the fight and give all my allies - but not myself - a move action, and then continue the fight.)

What is the best time to use such an ability? What's a good circumstance?

Most of our team are non-spellcasting combatants, but we have do have a druid too.

Any ideas?
When the rest of your team is delaying. Then they can take their move actions to get into position, then stop delaying and unleash full attacks.

Or alternatively when you anticipate trouble and your team needs to scatter.

Silveras

First Post
Might want to change the title; the Grant Move Action ability is a class ability, not a feat, and this might easily get sidetracked into a discussion of how/why/whether to make it available as a feat.

That said, one of the best uses I can think of is when the party is ambushed but the Marshal is not flat-footed (either because s/he made the Spot or Listen checks, or because s/he rolled well for initiative when the "normal" round starts); being able to grant a move action to the others would end their being flat-footed. It is a very specialized circumstance, and likely to be a bit diluted by varying results of who is and is not surprised, and who rolled well or poorly for initiative.

A second scenario is one I had occasion to play recently. Planning to assault a dragon's lair (with a large party), I used the ability get everyone moving quickly into the lair and dispersed enough not to make an easy breath-weapon target. By granting an extra move action at the top of the round, our party was able to essentially double-move and still be able to ready attacks.

TheBadElf

First Post
Kae'Yoss said:
When you can get your two frenzied berserkers to base their opponents so the can make a full attack in that round. ;)

Darn Inspired Frenzy anyway. Took my Drizzt warband out like a pack of Kobolds at the Paladin convention...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads