• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gray Orc - Darkvision?

ControlFreak

First Post
In the Unapproachable East book, page 16, it covers the details of the Gray Orcs. I noticed that according to that, Gray Orcs have Light Sensitivity, but no Low-Light Vision or Darkvision. Has anyone seen any type of errata on that, or is it actually correct?

ControlFreak

Derulbaskul

Adventurer
Good pick up, particularly as Races of Faerun (where they were first introduced, IIRC) doesn't list darkvision either, although it does for the mountain orcs. I wonder if this is correct or just a WotC oversight?

pbd

First Post
It would be...

the orst of both worlds for them if they were sensitive to sunlight, but didn't get any help in the dark (and a little counterintuitive also). I would think, since orcs have darkvision in general, that they would have darkvision also.

my $0.02

ControlFreak

First Post
I'm putting in Darkvision 60' for now, but I really wish WotC would clarify that. As pbd said, being sensitive to sunlight but not being able to see in darkness would seem to be a pretty miserable existence.

BobROE

Explorer
ControlFreak said:
I'm putting in Darkvision 60' for now, but I really wish WotC would clarify that. As pbd said, being sensitive to sunlight but not being able to see in darkness would seem to be a pretty miserable existence.

If you go to the WotC boards, in the main FR section there's an ask Richard Baker thread where people ask him errata type questions, you could try asking there and see what he says.

ControlFreak

First Post
BobROE said:
If you go to the WotC boards, in the main FR section there's an ask Richard Baker thread where people ask him errata type questions, you could try asking there and see what he says.
I'll give that a shot.

ControlFreak

First Post
[font=verdana, arial, helvetica]Got an official answer http://boards1.wizards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=282525[/font]
-------------------------------------------

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica]The gray orcs should have darkvision, 60 ft. range.

[font=verdana,arial,helvetica]quote:[/font] Originally posted by CtrlFrk
Both the Races of Faerûn and Unapproachable East list the Gray Orc with Light Sensitivity, but with neither Low-Light Vision nor Darkvision. Is there a correction for this or is it as intended?

Thanks,
CF
[/font]

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica]__________________
Rich Baker
Senior Designer
Roleplaying R&D
Wizards of the Coast, Inc.
[/font]

Remove ads