D&D 5E Greenmtn's Planescape Game IC

Deus Machina

First Post
Leau scoots himself between Shadowknave and Khefren, not particularly playing the 'good cop' but using his hindbody as a moderate obstacle. "And who pays you to do that, then?" Lifting an eyebrow, he leans to his pack to toss his waterskin and one of his rations, wrapped in waxed paper, in the half-elf's lap. "You'll forgive me if I don't move yet. I may still have a bit of a headache."

Li Shenron

Legend
OOC: Sorry about my slowness and ignorance of Planescape... what is the typical Harmoniums' opinion on Dustmen and their business? Are they enemies?

Greenmtn

Explorer
OOC: No worries.
For the most part it is up to you. The Harmonium are the Police of the Cage (Sigil). The Dustmen aren't part of the legal system in Sigil and normally, at least on a faction wide basis, don't start too much trouble. The "official stance" of the Harmonium on them is that they are kinda creepy and morbid but as long as they don't break the law they are fine.

Li Shenron

Legend
Sir Reginald tries to assume a somewhat understanding and paternalistic tone, while adding up to Leau's question: "Surely, none of us wants this conversation to be either too long or unpleasant... but are we to believe that really the target of your 'job' was just a random barmy?"

In case it's needed, here's a couple of rolls for questioning and sensing the truthfulness of the answers:

Sir Reginald
2018-07-02 13:30:46
1d20+4;1d20+4
1D20+4 = [12]+4 = 16
1D20+4 = [3]+4 = 7
Charisma (Persuasion); Wisdom (Insight)

Greenmtn

Explorer
Talking with Shadowknave

Shadowknave looks down, no longer maintaining eye contact with Reginald.

"No, that wasn't the only deader. The Dusties don't care who, long as the collectors stay busy."

Last edited:

Greenmtn

Explorer
Interigating Shadowknave

Shadowknave looks confused. "I... I don't know. I was told they had raised it."

He thinks for a moment then anger flashes across his face. "This is a setup isn't it. Who sent you to kill me? Give me that much before you pen me in the deadbook, it was that thing of no bowels Toranna wasn't it!?" (Those from Sigil or who have been here long enough recognize the term thing of no bowels as a pretty strong insult)

[MENTION=6805410]Fradak[/MENTION] [MENTION=6923286]mike peabody[/MENTION] [MENTION=1465]Li Shenron[/MENTION] [MENTION=6924292]Deus Machina[/MENTION]

mike peabody

First Post
"We have met Toranna and though she impressed us with her sense of humour, it was evident she was withholding information. I don't understand why you think you are valuable enough for her to dupe and assasinate you but, clearly, you are also not being frank with us. Please do not require that I abandon my position in this interrogation and leave your wellbeing in the care of any of these other people you almost had killed. Do the names 'Modrigaarz' or 'Eliath' hold any meaning for you?"

Greenmtn

Explorer
"I wouldn't expect a Box to understand. I'm not that important, just a loose end as soon as she finds what or who she needs. I should have known better."

"Modrigaarz... Is that the Basher everyone is talking about? Roughing up hivers and asking questions? As for the other one, Eliath you say? I've heard of him. But how do I know you aren't going to just pen me in the deadbook soon as I give you your answers. I'll tell you what. This one doesn't look crooked."
He motions to Sir Reginald.
"I recognize that emblem. Give me your word, no make a vow. That you will personally make sure that I leave here safely," He looks at his naked body with a bit of shame and frustration. "With my things. Then I'll answer your questions."

[MENTION=6805410]Fradak[/MENTION] [MENTION=6923286]mike peabody[/MENTION] [MENTION=1465]Li Shenron[/MENTION] [MENTION=6924292]Deus Machina[/MENTION]

Li Shenron

Legend
Sir Reginald takes a chair and sits down, then calmly takes out a small old pipe and takes a puff from it, except he forgets to light it up. "No need to get hot blooded here, we don't just pen people here, all we are interested in is setting things straight. We ask you questions, you give us answers. As for my word, I think my emblem speaks for me already, doesn't it?"

Remove ads